Video posts filling whole computer screen?

Hamus Yaigh

Any reason why when I look at TV threads with video links embedded in posts that the video now fills the whole page side to side of my PC screen?

It never was like this, and whereas before the video and specific post just took up a small amount of screen real estate and I could easily see the next post or two below to get the gist of the conversation. Now it looks a mess where anyone has sent a video link that engulfs the entire screen? Is there a setting to correct for this or is TV working on fixing it please?

Hi, thanks for reply. Attached below a screen capture from the thread ..... using a 2560x1600 res screen, Win10x64 and either Firefox, MS Edge Chromium or Brave browser all same results.  Before these video thumbnails took up a lot less space on the screen, like the second image below which I now create by changing my web browser from maximized full screen to just half screen width or something narrower than the full screen size2084477309_Screenshot2020-11-06191416.thumb.jpg.abdfc105d6bdf261a2b6635b95a2d77f.jpg148177393_Screenshot2020-11-06192815.thumb.jpg.15de12c63231691ea83b5809fd5742ee.jpg.

12 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Any reason why when I look at TV threads with video links embedded in posts that the video now fills the whole page side to side of my PC screen?

The forum CSS is normally coded to limit the amount of screen real estate a media element can take up within a post (in preview). I think it was set previously to 450 of 500px maximum (so HD elements won't overwhelm users when previewing posts). It looks like the 450/500 size limits are instead set at 100% width limit.

Posters previously were also be able to preset a smaller media preview size in the edit box when composing a post, by double clicking/tapping the media element and specifying numbers lower than the preset cutoff, so the preview could be even smaller ...but while those setting options are still present the forum is currently either discarding or ignoring then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, RichCor said:

I think it was set previously to 450 of 500px maximum (so HD elements won't overwhelm users when previewing posts). It looks like the 450/500 size limits are instead set at 100% width limit.

So is someone going to fix what @RichCor said?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, Crossy said:

Please can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing along with your operating system, screen resolution setting, browser and device.

I posted a reply and nothing has happened since. Is the revamped site supposed to look like this with embedded videos now, is it an oversight or are developers going to change it back to what it was i.e something more easily readable please? Curious.