Koh Samui: French lady goes home after testing negative - there's no infection on island

webfact

Koh Samui: French lady goes home after testing negative - there's no infection on island

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The 57 year old French lady who tested positive for Covid-19 on Koh Samui last month after undergoing quarantine at a hotel in Samut Prakan has now been allowed to go home. 

She tested negative and has fully recovered and has gone back to her home on the holiday island with the well-wishes of a large group of local officials and medical personnel at Koh Samui hospital yesterday who presented her with flowers.

She will continue to quarantine for 30 days at home. 

Koh Samui department of health representative Apidech Phromkhim said that no one on the island has Covid and residents and potential tourists can have confidence. 

The French lady had arrived back in Thailand from Limoges with her husband and child last month. After she left the alternative state quarantine near Bangkok she flew to Samui and subsequently was found to have the virus on October 21st.

All others she came into contact with have tested negative. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-06

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It has been said before and I am sure that it will be said again.

Yes the deaths are terrible. Numbers are meaningless - feel the pain for the victim's families.

The bigger factor that you (and others) ignore - hospital beds and medical services only able to cater for covid patients.

If you have stage 4 cancer in the UK? Tough. Go home and die. We cannot treat you.

The hospitals in the UK are full of covid patients.

And when you are giving one patient a room meant for 4/6 it’s not difficult to see why ! 

• Like 2

Also I’m wondering if she passed all the tests before getting on the plane and in ASQ and then was positive after she left then why is she not raising a court action against the ASQ hotel if they are saying that’s where she contracted it .

Surely these places must have strict cleaning rules etc to be obeyed by anyone entering the building if it is a ASQ ? Or are these places operating as a normal hotel at the same time ????

• Like 2

Some ASQ hotels prohibit the use of a gym and some don't. If I had spent maybe five grand and five months jumping trough hoops to get back here, I would be making sure I wasn't exposing myself to unnecessary risks by doing stupid things like using the ASQ hotel gym.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tidybeard said:

Very confusing .. if she has just tested negative and is safe to go home ... then why is everyone wearing a mask, and why does she have to self quarantine for another 30 days .... the World is going mad !!!

Why is everyone so scared of CV19 ????? .... it is no worse than many other diseases that we have lived with for decades or even centuries ...

Take the UK - pretty badly hit. Deaths approaching 50,000 so that is ( 50,000 / 66,000,000 ) x 100 = 0.07% of the population. Like I said madness.

well said