Koh Samui: Island is more beautiful than ever and ready for foreign tourists to return

webfact

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

We have to find a way to live with it, I dont know about Samui but here in Phuket 1 in 2 people are effected by tourism it was said 50.000 workers left Phuket to go back to where? all that money that filtered back to Issan has now stopped right down the chain is being effected, must be some sick buffaloes in Nakorn Nowhere

They go back to the village.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They go back to the village.

They do and they sometimes stand out like a sore thumb!  A couple of days ago I was riding along the lane (out front of the house)  going East and there was a crew picking corn by hand on a sloping block, one guy looked like he was dressed for downtown Bangkok!  The others must not have bothered to tell him to wear a hat and gloves.  The day was cloudy but the sun still gets through and picking corn cobs without gloves makes your hands ache by lunchtime...and your getting hands cut up so by 5pm your wishing you had taken the job slinging she-it at the piggery.

Those pixs of Samui....I was on the island for a week in 2002 and I don't remember any of that!  Must have been a lot of changes.

Edited by Grumpy John
smelling
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Assuming the photo is recent, they've had months to sort it and can't even remove the pavers blocking the pavement. What a useless shower ( IMO ).

If any are to blame for the downturn in tourism pre corona, Thai authorities should look in the mirror.

31931.jpg

31937.jpg

These photos were taken within the past two months. 

This is a situation where nobody is attempting to get to the root of the problem. Of course, in Thai society, it is not particularly popular to look within for the source of the problem, nor to take responsibility for self created issues. And with Covid, it is easier than ever to cast blame elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These photos were taken within the past two months. 

This is a situation where nobody is attempting to get to the root of the problem. Of course, in Thai society, it is not particularly popular to look within for the source of the problem, nor to take responsibility for self created issues. And with Covid, it is easier than ever to cast blame elsewhere. 

It's usually farangs to blame, isn't it?

On Chaweng beach I once picked up a washed up 4 litre container that had held engine oil to dispose of properly, and was told that farangs were responsible for throwing it in the sea.

Edited by thaibeachlovers