Standing Charge for Water and Electricity.

I am currently ‘stuck’ in the U.K., I have a 2 bedroom rental town house in Pattaya, my neighbour is looking after the house and dealing with the Water and Electricity Bills. I believe even if I am not using Water or Electricity there is Standing Charge, how much is it ?

Just literally received my water bill today. The service charge is 30 baht but you need to add 7% VAT.

The electricity service charge is 38.22 baht plus Vat - but maybe different depending on meter?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, daytraderuk99 said:

hi   what is 15 / 15  and  15 / 45  ?? 

i am in uk and was paying  standing  charge about 40 baht  direct debit   month electric  PEA , but notice  that the last 4 months nothing has been taken out  of my account  ...any ideas...thanks

The 15/45 etc refers to the amp power rating or strength of your supply.

I have a condo in Bangkok. I didn't return for the last 11 months.

For water, it is paid to the Juristic office which reads the meter on a monthly basis. No usage, no payment.

For electricity, I arranged direct debit from my bank account from day 1. Though nobody was in the unit, MEA has been charging a standard rate of 40.9 baht monthly. I can access my account info through the MEA mobile app and able to see the consumption history, which shows zero consumption.

Yet, I am certain that my split air con has been on a standby mode. So I think a small amount of electricity has been in consumption. I did unplug all other electrical appliances, fridge, TV, etc....

On 11/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, daytraderuk99 said:

hi   what is 15 / 15  and  15 / 45  ??

I think it's 5/15 and 15/45.

The first figure is the calibration current and the second the maximum current which should be drawn, although in practice much more can be.