What do you use as your news source?

I follow only programming & work related stuff since like 7 years ago. When I cut out all that BS.

Rest is what people around me mention in conversation & what I see while visiting random sites like this forum once a month. For example yesterday wife told me there is 'big vote if america king is Trump or white hair man'. I had no idea. There could be next 9/11 or third world war. And if tanks didn't park on my backyard I wouldn't know.

It is sometimes happening when reading Wikipedia and I'm seeing plane crashes with 400 dead in 2017, shootings with 80 dead in 2018, and all that stuff and for me it is completely new information.

And I couldn't be happier!!! ????

Edited by AndyAndyAndy
  • Like 2

• BBC
  • Guardian
  • Sky News
  • AP
  • Reuters
  • CNN
  • Aljazeera
  • CNBC
  • Fox News
  • Spiegel Online
  • Thai Enquirer
  • Sydney Morning Herald
  • China Daily
  • RT

I don't read all of them every day, but will dip into all of them at least one a week. BBC, Guardian, Sky, CNBC and Aljazeera are daily reading, as is Thai Enquirer.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, fangless said:

Neither does the BBC!

I'm pretty sure I've seen some advertising on BBC, but I stopped watching BBC years ago as it seems to spend a lot of time on football, yawn, and stories about Africa, a country I have little interest in. The cable tv in Chiang Mai ( WETV ) didn't even carry it- probably too little demand for it.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, allanos said:

As to the BBC, gone are the days when one could rely on the ethics or non-partisan reporting they were famous for.  I login to the BBC website every day, and the bias against Trump (often subtly, but there, nevertheless) is disgraceful.  I have written numerous letters to them on the subject and have yet to receive even one reply or acknowledgement.

IMO it's not subtle at all. It's blatent. Sometimes they get a guest on that has the wrong point of view, and the host is trying to get them to toe the line.

I sometimes watch BBC when Fox has ads and CNN is too hard to stomach.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

'm pretty sure I've seen some advertising on BBC

The only advertising you will see on BBC is for BBC programmes.  Most TV owners in the UK MUST by a TV licence even if they do not watch the BBC just commercial channels etc.

Content and ones feelings re bias etc are of course a personal matter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

ThaiViSA of course!

That's been my main source of information over the past few years. Mostly the best information is from responses that expand on the OP.

IMO journalism is mostly opinion nowadays. It's rare to see an unbiased news article and local tv is so dire I don't watch any of it- don't even have my own tv- waste of time and far too many ads.

Actually that isn't entirely true- I do watch HGTV and Al Jazira on a friend's tv sometimes, but never the news, or the dire programs they have now.

While the election is on, I have been watching BBC, Al Jazira, Fox, CNN and RT, but soon as it's over it'll just be Al Jazira.

• Haha 1

I stopped watching all corporate news.  No Fox, no CNN, no MSNBC, no BBC, no ABC, NBC, or CBS either.  These channels are ok for news that is not political.  As soon as things get political, I go to Youtube for Jimmy Dore, Kyle Kulinsky and The Hill Rising.  RT and Al Jazeera are good from cable.  Stay away from corporate propaganda.

• Thanks 1