Brits arrested in Phuket international school immigration raid

rooster59

What about all the thai citizens (especially women) working illegally all over the globe. 

Anyhow looking at how a thai's english is limited to " go with you " i hope some day they allow people to tecah english without paperwork. 

These teachers are helping that poor thai kids and must be supported. 

Edited by lovethai123

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

What about them?

What if those countries start naming and shaming them ? post their pictures that they raided a spa and found thai women working illegally.  Tit for tat.

I once heard that thai women were caught working in spa in my country but there wasn't much of chatter and they were given free pass to leave the country. No naming and shaming done. 

Thais need to learn a lot from other countries including the brown ones they hate so much

14 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

I worked as a teacher in a top university here in Thailand.  I asked often about getting a work permit but the admin did nothing about it.   Eventually I told them I was not doing any more teaching until I got the permit (I could live without the money).   Suddenly they rushed around and I got my WP in one day going for a medical certificate (issued without me seeing either a doctor or a nurse) , and then to Dept of Employment and queuing up with about 15 Burmese.  I was prepared to give them my thumb primnts but they wanted a signature instead .....  I still teasure that precious document

Rightly so, your work permit cost 10 times more than a Burmese one

17 hours ago, Smilermike said:
On 11/7/2020 at 7:06 AM, tracker1 said:

I am sure they are not alone in this occupation just unlucky !

I imagine 70% of english teachers are working illegal. As in not having a degree. So they should all keep their gobs shut!

Why not make that your mission in life, telling TEFLers to "keep their gobs shut".

Edited by LomSak27
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im not a teacher but I have seen lots of threads on here and it seems lots of teachers dont have a work permit the other week that school in BKK 

I'm glad your not a teacher writing the way that which what you does.

????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

What if those countries start naming and shaming them ? post their pictures that they raided a spa and found thai women working illegally.  Tit for tat.

I once heard that thai women were caught working in spa in my country but there wasn't much of chatter and they were given free pass to leave the country. No naming and shaming done. 

Thais need to learn a lot from other countries including the brown ones they hate so much

Where have they been named?

19 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

What about all the thai citizens (especially women) working illegally all over the globe. 

Anyhow looking at how a thai's english is limited to " go with you " i hope some day they allow people to tecah english without paperwork. 

These teachers are helping that poor thai kids and must be supported. 

Their not poor though...

school.JPG

On 11/7/2020 at 9:18 AM, ChipButty said:
On 11/7/2020 at 8:27 AM, hansgruber said:

Especially when a bright shiny new V8 Mustang is on display. 

Jealousy might be spot on. 

You mean the owner bought a Mustang?

Maybe, maybe not, but either way. it's not a V8 Mustang.

On 11/7/2020 at 6:21 AM, colinneil said:

Silly sods deserve everything they get for being stupid enough to  break immigration rules.

Clowns like them make it more difficult for those here legally.

They must have been aware that they were not legal.

How do they make it more difficult rich boy?  We don't all have everything laid out for us from day one.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

A very long time ago I worked in Bangkok at two universities.  One very well known and another just kind of well known.  The paperwork for the one year visa and WP were started before I even started teaching.  Granted, it took about three months to actually acquire both but during that time my passport was always stamped in red with the infamous words "under review" or something similar to that.  Luckily I never had an issue with my paperwork.  

On another note, I would think right now, due to Covid-19 and the difficulty in teachers being able to enter Thailand, teachers would be in demand and therefore kind of hold the upper hand when it comes to finding employment.