Chinese tourists will be spending up to 400K each in their short time in Thailand, TAT chief

rooster59

1 hour ago, ehs818 said:

This sum of 400,000 baht is $13,300 USD. For one month? Sorry, but unless they will be buying motorcycles and TV's, I can't think of a way to spend that much in a month here in Thailand. It's puzzling to me!

Tourists or business people - easy to spend 400,000 baht if you're looking to invest in a small business here - they're almost giving them away. And note that the "TAT Chief" didn't say what they would be spending their "400K"  on? Hmmm?

Had a good look into his crystal ball to get them numbers did he ? 
So they expect us to believe that your average desperate to come to Thailand Chinese person is willing to do 2 weeks quarantine at their own expense just so they can go for a two week holiday before heading home to another 2 weeks quarantine ? ????????????????????????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maverell said:

Firstly, why is a tourism chief wearing a uniform, secondly does anyone believe a word TAT say?

They need to stop thinking that Chinese tourists are the best thing since sliced bread and take their blinkers off.

I know more than 39 westerners who used to spend way more than 400k when they used to visit as tourists. Me being one of them. 

I couldnt help myself.For what logical reason would any type of tourist use that kind of money?That is just braindead

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

When will these clowns stop pulling numbers from thin air, he hasn't got a <deleted> clue how much they will spend !

And of course you know more.

Keep sprouting your nonsense abuse.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand told Channel 7 that the group of Chinese tourists that arrived from Shanghai and are now visiting the seaside after passing through a 14 day quarantine would be spending between 300,000 and 400,000 baht each.

They will be here for a month in total.

I thought it was a 90 day visa extendable 2 times making 270 days... now it's a month ?

14 days in quarantine and 17 days out?

Someone is telling porkies about STV... these are short term tourists.

• Like 1

Let's just take them at face value and assume they're as honest and genuine as they'd have us believe.

Accordingly, let's spread the word to all prospective tourists choosing their next holiday destination, that they should budget approximately 300,000-400,000 baht for a 30 day holiday, the first portion of which will be spent locked up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So more than 300-400 dollars a day?

in their (dreams) Estimates only,  not in real life, if I remember correct a pack of cold noddles at 7 Eleven it's 25-27 baht (+/-  USD> 0.80 Cents) do the calculations, how many a day  they have to eat  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Ive done 300k in a month as a tourist.... are you a tourist ?

Were you locked up for the first two weeks though and unable to shop? The article suggests that the cost of the hotel may not be included which means their expectation is to spend between 21500Bt and 28500Bt a day for their free 14 days.

That's a lot of noodles.

• Like 2

It is sometimes better, if they would keep their big mouth shut rather than pouring such rubbish into the media ..........

Who, in his right mind, spends 14 or 10 days in a quarantine on a normal holidays? I know quite a few returnees who went through the quarantine as they HAD to come back. 

The worst enemy of Thailand is their own officers and bureaucrats - the media will have another field day with this! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ehs818 said:

This sum of 400,000 baht is $13,300 USD. For one month? Sorry, but unless they will be buying motorcycles and TV's, I can't think of a way to spend that much in a month here in Thailand. It's puzzling to me!

The STV is 90 days, twice extendable.

Plus the headline says 'up to,' not 400,000.

Sorry to interrupt.

Edited by Traubert
Addition

19 minutes ago, Traubert said:

The STV is 90 days, twice extendable.

But the visitors in question are only here for one month and need to spend it in that time.

19 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Plus the headline says 'up to,' not 400,000.

The actual quote in the article says "spending between 300,000 and 400,000 baht each" so the calculations are reasonable.

• Like 1

I might be crazy but I’m thinking someone ooopsy... how much..

going to the eye doctor on Monday eyesight is failing me.. wanted

to say <deleted>... Wednesday Thursday Friday....

hmmm tab for room service.., I have no idea