Thailand Road Carnage: Thirteen students injured, one driver dead in school van/pickup collision on bend in Krabi

rooster59

Thailand Road Carnage: Thirteen students injured, one driver dead in school van/pickup collision on bend in Krabi

crash.JPG

Image: Daily News

Klong Tom police and rescue services were called after a pick-up with a refrigeration unit on the back collided head on at a bend with a school van on its way to Muang district Krabi in the south of Thailand yesterday.

The Isuzu delivery driver was dead at the scene and named as Jittakorn, 26.

The driver of the school van was Watcharasorn, 49, who was severely injured. 

Thirteen male and female students aged between 8 and 16 were taken to hospital.

Some had to be cut out of the wreckage.

The accident happened on the Phela to Thapsai Road in Phrudinna sub-district. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-07

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

Thai people dont seem to be able to stay on their side of the road when going around bends especially blind bends

There are no sides/lanes/rights of way/priorities etc, it's one stretch of concrete on the way to gods waiting room.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

Thai people dont seem to be able to stay on their side of the road when going around bends especially blind bends .

That's the problem and does not matter where they go to, 2 wheels are always out of the lane. Lines suppose to be as walls, but in Thailand roads are just decorated by meaningless lines. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

When I see these reports, my heart falls. Same thing over and over and over. Only Thai people can stop this. Up to them. We can do nothing and I do not cry for them anymore because this is how they choose to live. 

Yep You can tell them 100 times not to do this and they still do. let the slaughter continue. Thailand was worried about that virus The only virus Thailand has to worry about is the road slaughter

• Like 2

I see many school bus that shouldn't be allowed on the roads as they don't look safe at all, bus without safety belts, kids head hanging over the open windows, no supervisor riding with them, etc., do they go for a regular safety check & maintenance? what are school bus safety requirements here,  None?

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1