Clay bar for car ? Clay Mitt and Clay towels seem a better and easier option ? what brand or no brand did you try ?

sncoem

hello,

Car clay bars are difficult to use and now it seem that clay mitts or clay towels are a lot better and easier to use, but did you buy any in Thailand ?

Do you know if no brand clay mitts and clay towels are as good as the expensive ones ?

I found this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=input&page=1&q=Clay%20Mitt&sort=priceasc

https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=clay%20mitt&order=asc&page=0&sortBy=price

Have you tried any ? Thanks for your replies.

• Like 1

No, but do please get one and let us know how you get on.

I have just ordered some soft clay from Bilt Humber. Friend will bring it from the UK when he comes back in December. Cost approx £11.for a 200gm piece.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

No, but do please get one and let us know how you get on.

I have just ordered some soft clay from Built Humber. Friend will bring it from the UK when he comes back in December. Cost approx £11.for a 200gm piece.

What is a clay bar supposed to do?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

As I understand it now, a clay bar is the equivalent of a cut and polish, solid instead of a paste. Correct?

I can comprehend using it on older cars with duco to rejuvenate the surface when fading occurs. I can't get my head around why anyone would want to use it on a modern clearcoat.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As I understand it now, a clay bar is the equivalent of a cut and polish, solid instead of a paste. Correct?

I can comprehend using it on older cars with duco to rejuvenate the surface when fading occurs. I can't get my head around why anyone would want to use it on a modern clearcoat.

From the recent topic ... 

After you have washed and dried your car. Rub your hand gently over the surface, if it feels silky smooth then you do not need to clay it.

If it feels a little rough it is in a state where Clay could be used.

Contaminates stick to the clear coat ......

• Like 1

Just now, JAS21 said:

From my recent topic ... 

After you have washed and dried your car. Rub your hand gently over the surface, if it feels silky smooth then you do not need to clay it.

If it feels a little rough it is in a state where Clay could be used.

Contaminates stick to the clear coat ......

The only contaminates I'm concerned with are visible things such as bird poo. My cars get a wash every 3-6 months, I only buy light-colored cars as they don't show the dirt.

I'm fussy about mechanical maintenance of cars, not so fussy I need to feel the surface of them.

I'm amused by guys that wash their cars frequently, all they are doing is assisting corrosion.

• Haha 1

Just now, Techno Viking said:

How does washing a car assist corrosion ?

What ? How possible you don't know ? Billions of people washing cars in the world are plain idiots ! But this guy knows better than anybody else !

????

1 hour ago, sncoem said:

What ? How possible you don't know ? Billions of people washing cars in the world are plain idiots ! But this guy knows better than anybody else !

????

No...he is more than likely just taking the <deleted>

• Haha 1

Unfortunately no one seems to have the answer to the OP's question ... to stop this topic deteriorating further I'll close it. OP can ask for it to be re-opened if he thinks someone may have the answer ... but unlikely I think

closed

• Haha 1