Affirmation of marital status

phka

Hi would it be possible to apply for an affirmation of marital status and confirmation of passport in person at the British embassy and pay in cash rather than apply online. 

Then return when I have an appointment. 

If possible what would be the correct procedure for this.? 

1 hour ago, phka said:

Hi would it be possible to apply for an affirmation of marital status and confirmation of passport in person at the British embassy and pay in cash rather than apply online. 

Then return when I have an appointment. 

If possible what would be the correct procedure for this.? 

When i got married many years ago i just remember downloading the form filling it out booking appointment and going in to pat for it. 

I would imagine it may be different now with the covid situation so would probably be easier if there was an online option.

Good Luck

On 11/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, stretch5163 said:

When i got married many years ago i just remember downloading the form filling it out booking appointment and going in to pat for it. 

I would imagine it may be different now with the covid situation so would probably be easier if there was an online option.

Good Luck

To get married in Thailand you need to complete an affirmation of marital status and bring this to your appointment at the British Embassy. You should check with the Amphur where you will register the marriage whether a certified copy of your passport is required.

You can complete an affirmation in one of two ways. You can either type all your personal details into our template or complete our new online version. We accept cash and card payments on the day of your appointment if you prefer not to pay in advance. 

Full information about getting married in Thailand can be found on our website https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad