Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

1 hour ago, quake said:

Ok,  strange post you talk like you are not in Thailand twice now ?

but you wish to lecture me on Thai Buddhism. ( or what ever they believe in ) :giggle:

( why i live here ), just finishing off a 22 year stretch, hope i get out early for good behavior.

just for a laugh. this is from google search,

please match it to Thailand if you can, with out laughing to much.   LOL

The Five Precepts are the Buddhist version of a code of conduct or rules to help people behave in a moral and ethical way. Buddhists should follow the Five Precepts to ensure they are living a morally good life. This helps them to get rid of suffering and achieve enlightenment.

The five precepts are as follows:

Precept An example
1. Refrain from taking life Not killing any living being. For Buddhists, this includes animals, so many Buddhists choose to be vegetarian.
2. Refrain from taking what is not given Not stealing from anyone.
3. Refrain from the misuse of the senses Not having too much sensual pleasure. For example, not looking at people in a lustful way or committing adultery.
4. Refrain from wrong speech Not lying or gossiping about other people.
5. Refrain from intoxicants that cloud the mind Not drinking alcohol or taking drugs, as these do not help you to think clearly.

I am telling you my perspective. You are saying my view is not valid.  I have some very good Thai friends of different income levels who are wonderful people and very good Buddhists. Some I've known for 30-plus years and I would trust them with my life. If I tell you specific instances that I have seen, it won't change your viewpoint. It would be an exercise in futility. All I am saying is allow that other people have different experiences than you. 

I am sincerely interested in what you value about Thailand. Always good to hear positives. I don't doubt that you've had some bad experiences.

10 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I am telling you my perspective. You are saying my view is not valid.  I have some very good Thai friends of different income levels who are wonderful people and very good Buddhists. Some I've known for 30-plus years and I would trust them with my life. If I tell you specific instances that I have seen, it won't change your viewpoint. It would be an exercise in futility. All I am saying is allow that other people have different experiences than you. 

I am sincerely interested in what you value about Thailand. Always good to hear positives. I don't doubt that you've had some bad experiences.

whats a very good Buddhist in Thailand ?