Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No doubt good, sensible advice, but there is a proud history of foreigners supporting just causes throughout history.  Perhaps if more foreign residents in Thailand were brave enough to stand up and be counted, faster progress towards a just and fair society could be made.

I know what you mean. However, I was there 10 years ago when they were shooting people in the streets.

Also, in about 2014?? There was an Indian national on the podium giving-out during the 'Reset' protests, he was very lucky not to be deported, and he'd lived in Thailand for a very long time.

Foreign (British) Embassies always advise their nationals to stay away from such things, physically and vocally.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I am sorry but this party claims to stand for democracy and if someone has a different opinion they use violence. Completely sick. Hopefully they don't punish me too for my statement here. 

His version of democracy and if you dont agree he sticks the nut on you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, champers said:

The Russian gent kept his cool, his Thai assailant competely lost it and deserves to be charged with GBH. What caused the confrontation in the first place; anyone know?

I'd say sticking  a nose in where it shouldn't be  from the Russian side and the usual immaturity, from the Thai side. I'm sorry for the child.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

I know what you mean. However, I was there 10 years ago when they were shooting people in the streets.

Also, in about 2014?? There was an Indian national on the podium giving-out during the 'Reset' protests, he was very lucky not to be deported, and he'd lived in Thailand for a very long time.

Foreign (British) Embassies always advise their nationals to stay away from such things, physically and vocally.

Me too.  I remember 2010 well!  I always steer well clear of anything like that (I even stand up in the cinema when they play the Anthem) however I commend any foreigners who are prepared to join the "fight".

6 hours ago, alianware said:

The lady, who talked to your daughter tried to help you but you ignore her. And you continue stayed there like a superman ! Why ?? 

If you live in Asian long time already and you dont know the basic rule "Never mix yourself into political matter" , than sorry to say that you are stupid and your fault.

Political is very sensitive matter and no farang has right to say anything !

Never challange anyone for political issue. Even local people won't dare to do so. Say sorry and GO from that place !.

Why did you stay there longer with your daughter ?? You have nothing lose there. Just GO out from the area, as people has shouted you to go already !!! 

Could you please repost in English?

• Haha 1