Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No doubt good, sensible advice, but there is a proud history of foreigners supporting just causes throughout history.  Perhaps if more foreign residents in Thailand were brave enough to stand up and be counted, faster progress towards a just and fair society could be made.

Where everybody nuts somebody because they don't agree?

Right.  Thats democracy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chuang said:

Who in his right mind would bring his 10 years old kid to a protest demonstration and argued with the demonstraters.

Maybe he was just out for a walk .and they were speaking english.So he listend to see what it was about.Thai want you to listen to them and agree.Best to ignore them.Sadly ,he learnt the hard way.The thai will say he said something to justify his actions.And that will be the end of it.Farangs own fault.If it was the other way.Go to jail do not pass go ,or pay a huge fine.and if you do not leave thailand very quickly.expect to be attacked by many when you are on your own relaxing.WELCOME TO THAILAND.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shuya said:

Guess the Russians DNA got triggered when he saw a democratic movement that wants to depose a totalitarian leader

I should go back and check the video, the russian must have made a gesture or heckled the thai guy. If this is a temperature check of LOS, it's high !

6 hours ago, tgw said:

could someone please translate what was said in Thai towards the beginning of the video?

Prayuth bad blah blah blah economy bad blah blah blah Covid blah blah democracy blah blah fruitcakes on special offer aisle 9 [I made that bit up] blah blah 

1:18 some woman says that 'a farang came to stir up trouble' 

2:56 the 'headbutter' says 'I didn't hit him. I was/am angry'

1 minute ago, pathologix said:

Wait. I thought the protestors were in favor of free speech and a diversity of political opinions? Someone needs to translate John Stuart Mill into Thai... 

he is a red shirt who "joined forces" with pro-democracy protesters. the pro-democracy guys need to be very careful about who they let "help" their cause. redshirts and pro-democracy have the same enemies, but they clearly aren't the same people.

• Like 1

Just now, BKKBike09 said:

Prayuth bad blah blah blah economy bad blah blah blah Covid blah blah democracy blah blah fruitcakes on special offer aisle 9 [I made that bit up] blah blah 

1:18 some woman says that 'a farang came to stir up trouble' 

2:56 the 'headbutter' says 'I didn't hit him. I was/am angry'

"farang" was uttered several times around the 1:00 minute mark, it would be good to know what exactly was said.

and then of course what "trouble" she meant

Edited by tgw

7 minutes ago, tgw said:

a longer video of the incident has been posted by "The Pattaya News" :

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=380767103242642

maybe it will allow to better understand what happened.

also, the other leader continued the speech after the incident, it would be interesting to know what he said

looks like the same video

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alianware said:

Yes, but you are in other country with other rule and other culture. Dont live in other world with your whole culture. You must adapt yourself. Even native people won't dare to challange it. Why you as foreigner should do it ? 

You mean, back to the jungle? Feel free... 

6 hours ago, Victornoir said:

The Thai demands democracy and boxes the first foreigner who does not share his opinion.

They demand freedom of speech then tell anyone that says something they don't like to shut up.

They demand human rights but don't care about anyone's but their own.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

he is obviously so sure of himself that he feels he can attack people openly in public, whilst being filmed and nothing will come of it

Given that it was a foreigner, he's probably right.  Especially as the anti-foreigner feelings have been ratcheted up since covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Thai news reporting the Russian said to the protester that it was the protests fault for loss of business in the area. IMO if you don't have a vote here, stay the hell away from the protests - it's not your affair. I can imagine the result if some Thai in Russia starting lecturing them on their civil rights lol. Lesson? Don't stick your nose in another countries politics - you might get it kissed by a forehead. And to put your child in between? What was he doing using her thinking Thais would let him be an a$$**** because he had his kid there? Nice father lol..

Wow if he really did that what an idiot! If.

• Like 2