Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

6 minutes ago, chasboyuk said:

Maybe Boris the 'Russian' has a lot of friends to, the beach mafia type may of struck the wrong Russian and you never insult a Russians child like that woman did giving her the finger, like she did.

I can see this turning very nasty in the coming weeks or months

This is the problem with these type of things . You just never know who you are hitting . For all we know that Russian could be the brother/ cousin of that lunatic that hangs out with putin in Moscow . Dresses like a tramp but is one of the richest men around and will have you killed in a second. ????

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its pretty obvious that the Russian guy is somewhat of a d!<k even an a-hole....   you can see that in his behaviour and the fact that he can’t read the ‘atmosphere’ and get his daughter out of there... 

But nothing excuses the Thai guy for head-butting the Russian. Any attempt at minimising the incident because one guy is Thai and the other is Foreign is just outright wrong. We can understand why or how it happens, but there is no justification for such actions unless the Russian first physically assaulted someone else. 

Or the guy just has bigger ones that the fatass... as easy as this...

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong - no one deserves to get head-butted simply because they are ‘present’.....  neither does he deserved to get head-butted if he even went as far and voiced an opinion, or simply acted belligerent and smirking as others have noted. 

YOUR idea (Expat Tom) that someone deserves to get physically assaulted (much more than head-butted) for simply being present at a rally is outrageous - have you even actually considered what you wrote ????? 

An hour ago I popped out to the ATM - inadvertently I rounded a corner on my motorcycle and was right next to a Political Rally....  about 200 Thai's in the area (100% Thai) - should one of them taken a disliking to me (a foreigner) for being there ????? 

Time to grow some...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Prayut and Anutin have made a good job of whipping up hatred of the farang.

Even the super rich farang may be put off from visiting LOS Headbuts and Fingers.

What makes you think the incident has anything to do with hatred of foreigners.

The guy probably would have just as easally headbutt another Thai in the same circumstances.

• Like 1

As a long time resident but non-Thai I know better than to publicly argue my point of view . And so should Mr. "I Have An Opinion" . Take your daughter away from this stress and go for a walk. No ambulance needed for a bloody nose - just a bag of ice and some sparse sympathy from the foreign whinger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kentrot said:

As a long time resident but non-Thai I know better than to publicly argue my point of view . And so should Mr. "I Have An Opinion" . Take your daughter away from this stress and go for a walk. No ambulance needed for a bloody nose - just a bag of ice and some sparse sympathy from the foreign whinger.

Also and I know it isn't fair, foreigners misbehaving this way in the current stresses in Thailand, only feed the potential xenophobia against ALL of us. Not cool. Just zip it. It's not our country. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Also and I know it isn't fair, foreigners misbehaving this way in the current stresses in Thailand, only feed the potential xenophobia against ALL of us. Not cool. Just zip it. It's not our country. 

[Just zip it] - what did he say ???? Did he say anything ???? 

The video shows him saying nothing but just standing there and smirking like a fool. 

It's not clear if there was anything said before the video commenced. 

I agree that foreigners misbehaving feeds the potential xenophobia against all foreigners, but that also doesn’t mean we should hide away inside. There’s a balance and this Russian clearly exceeded that and placed himself and his daughter in the line of risk - that still doesn’t warrant an attack. 

Whether Thailand is our country or not does not detract from the basic human right not to be assaulted. Replace the Russian with Thai man, would him being head-butted be more or less justified in the eyes of those placing the blame at the feet (or rather nose) of the Russian - assault is still assault. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Foreigners should stay clear of any domestic protest...it’s not your affair or public opinion...

Another Thai Apologist blaming the victim does not excuse the assault. 

As my previous post asks: IF the same happens to a Thai (i.e. replace the Russian with a Thai) is the assault then less or more justified ?????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

[Just zip it] - what did he say ???? Did he say anything ???? 

The video shows him saying nothing but just standing there and smirking like a fool. 

It's not clear if there was anything said before the video commenced. 

I agree that foreigners misbehaving feeds the potential xenophobia against all foreigners, but that also doesn’t mean we should hide away inside. There’s a balance and this Russian clearly exceeded that and placed himself and his daughter in the line of risk - that still doesn’t warrant an attack. 

Whether Thailand is our country or not does not detract from the basic human right not to be assaulted. Replace the Russian with Thai man, would him being head-butted be more or less justified in the eyes of those placing the blame at the feet (or rather nose) of the Russian - assault is still assault. 

Oh please dude. I already said multiple times that he didn't deserve to be physically assaulted. 

• Like 1

What a strange incident.

I wonder what the russian man said that made the thai so angry.

Hitting someone who disagree with you is such a non-democratic thing to do.

On the other hand, who brings his 10 yrs daugther to Pattaya?

and lights a cigarette besides her?

Maybe he is  K.G.B. agent that was sent undercover to spy here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chuang said:

Who in his right mind would bring his 10 years old kid to a protest demonstration and argued with the demonstraters.

??? Strange viewpoint , let the child view this ,it is instructive

If you are protesting , you should tolerate debate?

The guy showed disrespect to act the way did, there seemed no provocation

The older guy who was assaulted showed restraint & a lesson in humility to his assailant

If he was Russian , I respect him for his response , shame for the antagonist, not good for Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Two clowns resulting in one headbutting the other.

Language looks a factor, but can't understand why the Russian was hanging around, when the well mannered Thais were trying to get him to walk away. He had enough warning and his daughter was already anxious.

The Ruski liked the attention afterwards, strutting around with his pithy wound. I suspect he did say something to upset the assailant.. but did he mean to? He looked a couple of sarnies short of a picnic basket.

They probably both got what they deserved, if the police actually charged the head butter.

Edited by Donga

9 hours ago, alianware said:

The lady, who talked to your daughter tried to help you but you ignore her. And you continue stayed there like a superman ! Why ?? 

If you live in Asian long time already and you dont know the basic rule "Never mix yourself into political matter" , than sorry to say that you are stupid and your fault.

Political is very sensitive matter and no farang has right to say anything !

Never challange anyone for political issue. Even local people won't dare to do so. Say sorry and GO from that place !.

Why did you stay there longer with your daughter ?? You have nothing lose there. Just GO out from the area, as people has shouted you to go already !!! 

Intolerant, it is better to understand than to reject out of hand

Politics is universal

15 minutes ago, johng said:

On the Thai news  (Thai Rath)   they said (according to the protester) the Russian called the protesters

"rubbish"  who had caused the economy damage both to Pattaya and Thailand as a whole !!!!

Protester was released on 10,000 baht bail  after being charged with causing physical and mental damage to another.

Well, if that's true the Russian was certainly guilty of stupidity if nothing else.

Was also silly not to move on with his daughter when it became obvious the protester was a tad unhinged.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 2