Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

20 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

- there is a difference between ' and ,

- , is followed by a space

- your posts are often completely unreadable

- but I admit that you are an authority on headbutts

Hark at her,just discovered you,ve got woodworm in your clogs?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I would not be surprised if you were an English teacher in Thailand.

Funny you shoud say that had a farm girl once,pulled her on her first night in the bar,first night she was <deleted> as a newt after 3 bottles of beer ,couldn,t speak a word of english,ten nites on,shes knocking ,em back like oliver reed,and <deleted> and blinding like a dockers parrot.

1 hour ago, katana said:

There were some more details reported at Sanook.com in a story posted at 15.10 Thai time on 09/11/20.
The assailant Narathiwat “Ken” Khamma, leader of the Pattaya People's Party, gave his version of events in a clip he sent to journalists.
"The Russian had walked up and asked what was going on. I said we were demanding Prayut step down, for a new constitution to be drafted and for new elections. At first it was quite civil but he then began telling me that I was the dregs of society and my party was ruining the economy of Pattaya and Thailand and things took a turn for the worse.
I tried to explain that the state of the economy was nothing to do with my group and it was bad since Prayut came to power but the Russian said he hadn't noticed this.
I said it's alright for you, you can spend 1000 Baht on a meal. He responded by pointing his finger at me and saying in English, 'You're trash!', which of course angered me. I said 'Who you calling trash? Maybe your family is'.
I went on to say we're only meeting here in Jomtien, not all over Pattaya. There's no more than 100 people here. He went on again to repeat I was trash, in front of his daughter. He then raised his hand and pointed at everyone there and said 'You're all trash. You're the virus destroying the Thai economy'.
At that point I advanced towards him and you can see what followed in the video."
Police Colonel Khamerin Phitsamai from Pattaya City police station said they had charged Narathiwat with assault. While he was at the station a group of his supporters arrived outside and demanded his release. Narathiwat went outside and explained to them the police were only doing their job so in the end they had a whip round and raised 10K Baht for his bail and he was released.

So what "Khun" Narathiwat? he called you trash, and then to prove his point you behaved like the lowest thug on the planet. And now you don't even apologise? Letting people like you get on with a claim for power would lead Thailand down the path that led Cambodia to become Kampuchea. 

10 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

This is the problem with these type of things . You just never know who you are hitting . For all we know that Russian could be the brother/ cousin of that lunatic that hangs out with putin in Moscow . Dresses like a tramp but is one of the richest men around and will have you killed in a second. ????

marton_csokas02oct14.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, champers said:

Maybe that is how things work where you come from (USA?) but resorting to violence against anyone who disagrees with you is way out of order. The attacker should keep off the streets if he cannot control his temper. He has done his cause no good.

Maybe so. But an out of control foreigner, mouthing off what was most likely outdated, outmoded, traditional and out of touch views, has no place at a Thai protest. None whatsoever. Go back to Moscow, and support Putin. Many of us support protests here, and the youth. This clown has done the cause of foreigners no good also. He paints us all with the brush of extreme ignorance. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe so. But an out of control foreigner, mouthing off what was most likely outdated, outmoded, traditional and out of touch views, has no place at a Thai protest. None whatsoever. Go back to Moscow, and support Putin. Many of us support protests here, and the youth. This clown has done the cause of foreigners no good also. He paints us all with the brush of extreme ignorance. 

!ets hope the thais recognise and appreciate your allegiance,i personally wouldn't hold your breath though.

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

!ets hope the thais recognise and appreciate your allegiance,i personally wouldn't hold your breath though.

Of the many I have spoken with, they love it when I tell them how proud and supportive I am, of what they are doing. The Thai youth are the only chance this nation has, of progressing and moving forward. 

Out with the greedy and regressive dinosaurs! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Of the many I have spoken with, they love it when I tell them how proud and supportive I am, of what they are doing. The Thai youth are the only chance this nation has, of progressing and moving forward. 

Out with the greedy and regressive dinosaurs! 

The thai youth are the future of the country and must make a stand against tyranny( hope too many don,t get killed )

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

The thai youth are the future of the country and must make a stand against tyranny( hope too many don,t get killed )

You are forgetting one important element. In the past, the army has always had moral authority backing them. Those days are gone. The best way for the army to mobilize the middle aged and older people against them, is to start killing the youth. That will be their undoing. 

• Like 1

Foreign psyops have been disrupting western countries for decades. Westerns just accept it as democracy, multiculturalism, equality, feminism.

Thai's know how to deal with foreign psyop's: a quick head butt. That is what western countries should have done long ago, instead they keep on giving a voice to toxic opinion of foreign adversary  who just want to destabilize western countries. They have succeed. Like a judo throw, westerners now do it to themselves. No bombs need to be ignited, no bullets or army.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That should bring the tourists flooding back!

There was another video a couple of years ago that was similar. A farang was punch with his daughter standing by and she started to cry too. It was in Pattaya, a road rage incident, an old farang man.

The situation in Thailand is a volatile one right now with opinions and emotions running high.For any foreigners who venture into these protest areas and discussions it is fraught with danger and you become an easy target both physically and verbally for the locals.Best to stand back and watch the fireworks from a distance or better still on tv.Stay Safe folks!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

There was another video a couple of years ago that was similar. A farang was punch with his daughter standing by and she started to cry too. It was in Pattaya, a road rage incident, an old farang man.

And do you remember what lead up to that incident?  The foreigner leaping out the car and pulling a lump of iron rod from his boot and confronting the Thai in his car. Until the facts preceding the incident were known in that case exactly the same opinions were expressed as in this instance. When the full video was shown it completely changed the perspective of the incident and who initially instigated the confrontation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe you should listen to your own advice and go back to good ole USA,  There is no difference between the foreigner, that was head-butted for offering his own opinion and yourself.

From what I have seen the youth of Thailand is represented on both sides of the protests.

• Sad 1

I lived in Thailand for twenty years and I never forget that I am just but a guest  in Thailand. Looking back at the USA today and the attacks on Asians simply because they are Asians, and many right winger blame them for corona virus. All the century  long racism and wars in Europe.

Do not forget this is Thailand, it was very obvious to me he was not wanted there, he should have just left and nothing would have happened. Instead he chose the "I have every right to be where I want to be" and he paid the price.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Many of us are here because we don't like the way our own countries are run, or the leaders running them.

Don't know which country you come from, but i don't think so that people from western country would like the politic in thailand. They love the weather, the culture,  the beach and the sexy thais. That's all.

Edited by alianware
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Regardless of what the Thai assailant allegedly said about what precipitated this, you can't physically assault someone because he says something to you, no matter how insulted you feel. The Thai man could have just walked away and kept his thoughts to himself (a mature attitude). 

Who the foreigner is, where he is from, why he was there -- all these are irrelevant. The Thai is on video being aggressive, swearing at the foreigner (who is passive) and in front of the foreigner's child. These facts are not in dispute. 

This only reinforces a stereotype of the "angry and out of control Thai man" in certain situations. It further degrades the image of Thailand to potential international visitors. 

He should be tried and sentenced to the maximum penalties not only for the offense, but to send a message to others. I

It would have been better all round if the Russian had just walked away and kept his thoughts to himself, an even maturer attitude in a foreign country with an element of parental responsibility thrown in as well. 

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you that the violence was u acceptable and shouldn't result in appropriate punishment. 

• Like 1

"Instead he chose the "I have every right to be where I want to be" and he paid the price."

No, a legal resident of this country and any other has the legal and protected right to be in a public place and not worry about someone physically accosting him. Period. 

• Haha 1

One reason I as an expat do not go to Pattaya is because of the loud drunk tourist. I chose not to interact with them on any level, two minutes after meeting them they want argue on, sports, politics or religion. I left home to get away from those, I live in a central Thai rice growing village as the only expat, happily. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to as an American (in this case) choose to stand on your constitutional rights, they do not apply here. If I was unhappy here I would go to a country more to my liking. You may have rights but you do not have White Privilege. 

19 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I disagree that he was not initially wanted there, as sharecropper pointed out it was a low key gathering with speeches in Englisb. He outstayed his welcome when he insulted the crowd calling them "the dregs of society".  It in no way excuses physical assault but it certainly increases the possibility exponentially. 

Where do I say he "Initially" he was not wanted there? in the video it was quite obvious he was not wanted there, then he should have left period!

• Like 2