Koh Samui: Eight foreigners ripped off by Thai woman over visas/work permit go to the police

webfact

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have alot of self respect. But, that does not require that I dress up for the fools, when I visit them. I behave with a modest amount of respect, towards them. No deterrence at all. Just business. And with the police, if they are asking for something that is unreasonable, I push back with a great deal of energy. It usually works. Never been locked up yet! LOL.

I just see that as a poor way of coming up with a denial for your own acts to, in your own perspective, be allowed to give back with the same side of the coin. I just leave it there and accept that we do not agree on this matter.

13 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

You talk about criminals as though they run our countries...

Don´t bother! You will never even come close to the level that Mitkof Island placed it´s entity (words based on refusing to reveal gender) in. This entity stands above the rest and has the better shape of perfect. Can´t be easy to live up to all that. ????

On 11/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, spidermike007 said:

Why bother to show those retrograde officials the respect of dressing up? What have they ever done to deserve that respect? 

Why go at all, then, Mike?

If you hope for some results I think it best to play the game. Many Thai seem to set great store on appearances.

I know my wife inspects me carefully whenever we go out; my socks had best be straight

????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Why go at all, then, Mike?

If you hope for some results I think it best to play the game. Many Thai seem to set great store on appearances.

I know my wife inspects me carefully whenever we go out; my socks had best be straight

????

Why go at all? If I did not have to go to immigration, believe me, I would never go. I do not dress like a bum. I look just fine. I wear nice shorts, and a clean shirt. And I get results. But, I would never, ever show the police, or immigration any significant degree of respect. In my world, respect has to be earned, and is never, ever to be freely given. Neither of those entities deserve my respect. 

Edited by spidermike007

On 11/11/2020 at 9:48 AM, spidermike007 said:

I have alot of self respect. But, that does not require that I dress up for the fools, when I visit them. I behave with a modest amount of respect, towards them. No deterrence at all. Just business. And with the police, if they are asking for something that is unreasonable, I push back with a great deal of energy. It usually works. Never been locked up yet! LOL.

When you have good eye sight you are able to see who has the bigger stick, I want something from the IO, he wants nothing from me. Regulations on paper don't mean a thing here, "according to the assessment of the IO".

There was a court case some years ago where a Swiss businessman was refused an extension, in court he won his case with the result that the IO still refused his extension. It does no harm to eat humble pie for a few minuets.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the fashion police in full force here on TV. Boggles my mind why so many of you are so keen to rip on people you gravitate to that. BTW the police are tasked with seeking justice no matter how you are dressed the law is still the law. I would have wore decent clothes to make an impression but only because i realise how small minded the thai police, and evidently many TV posters, can be when it comes to image. For shame.