Thailand Road Carnage: Mother and two children dead after she goes through red light on motorcycle

webfact

Thailand Road Carnage: Mother and two children dead after she goes through red light on motorcycle

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Tragedy struck yet again on Thailand's roads on Saturday morning when a young mother and her two children on a motorcycle were killed in a collision with a song thaew (public transport with two rows of seats in the back) at a crossroads in the north east of the country.

Police believe she was rushing home and went through a red light.

Pronounced dead at the scene on the Na Kae bypass in Nakhon Phanom was a seven year old boy who had multiple injuries. 

Kanyarat, 27, and her 6 year old daughter died from their injuries in Na Kae district hospital.

Thawin, 49, the driver of the song thaew was adamant that the woman with her children on the back had gone through a red light. He had right of way on green, he said. 

Police believe this to be true but are examining CCTV and witnesses once again to get to the full truth. 

They think that the mother was racing home to Phrasong sub-district at speed when the collision occurred.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-09

• Sad 1

Of course this is tragic. No children should lose thier life because adults refuse to use their brains.

What´s most tragic, is that this is not a single isolated reason for accidents in Thailand. It´s a daily common practise to run a red light. To do that with children on a motorcycle is extremely stupid.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Of course this is tragic. No children should lose thier life because adults refuse to use their brains.

What´s most tragic, is that this is not a single isolated reason for accidents in Thailand. It´s a daily common practise to run a red light. To do that with children on a motorcycle is extremely stupid.

yes, and for sure they didn't wear helmets...

Incredibly sad. I hate to see any children on any motorcycle, normally due to the potential of an accident caused by other road users. Plus, a mother should be the most protective person in the world of her own children.

Sadly, this society teaches them other things like 'stay out of the sun/rain' and worship this person or that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m astonished that a mother with two kids would go through a red light

Come to my neck of the woods at 07:30 in the morning on a school run time... you'd loose count of the mothers doing it with kids on board.

Personally I'd be more astonished if one stopped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

why aren't the traffic laws enforced here?  don't the drivers see the risk?  they keep playing this deadly roulette with the red lights.  where are the cameras?  i feel much safer on Bali driving messed up thinking

Edited by malibukid

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How do the Police know that,why even say that,it clouds any 

attempt to find out the real cause of the terrible accident, they

do the same with murders,jump to conclusions before any

investigation is even begun.

RIP to those that died,

regards worgeordie

all Police world wide do that. They are not exactly in the top tier of the intelligent, anywhere that I can think of . 

I used to hear of cases in the states where applicants were not accepted onto a police force because they scored too high on an intelligence test. Makes sense. I've been in the habit of explaining to people that cops are the muscle of society, and in most places that's all that's expected, and we all should keep that in mind when interacting with them; but a lot of people don't.

Now will anything change? In the US?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Police believe the words of a Songthaew driver in an ‘accident’ where two children and an adult died  !!!!

They should be a lot more sceptical and check every CCTV in the area. I’m astonished that a mother with two kids would go through a red light, I’m less astonished that a Songthaew driver would... and I’m certainly not astonished that someone could lie about being a fault for an accident. 

I hope there is CCTV available... this is horrific, just tragic. 

Agree.

10 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

But she has done it for years  her mother and father did it  but this  time it all went pear  shaped

• Haha 1

No helmet or license for sure.children  on the bike with no helmet as well.jumping a red light not clever for sure.I imagine she has done it before and for years.One time too many for her children and herself.what more can you say,you see it so often  in thailand.sat and when school ends

Edited by bristolgeoff

I don't believe the story about the red light because the power was out at the time. The story In Phra Song where the motorcycle was heading, is that the song thaew driver was the one that was speeding.

6 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

I don't believe the story about the red light because the power was out at the time. The story In Phra Song where the motorcycle was heading, is that the song thaew driver was the one that was speeding.

If the red light power was off, why is it just mentioned now? This would change everything.