Roojai Insurance Renewal, Higher Premium For Same Coverage

wimpy

Have been with Roojai for a year.  The quote they are giving me for renewal no longer includes the 24hr roadside assistance. If I add the roadside assistance at additional cost, the premium is higher than last year. This is despite having zero claims and my vehicle value depreciating. Have others gotten the same "deal"? ????

Edited by wimpy
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, wimpy said:

Have others gotten the same "deal"? 

Haven't been with them a year yet so I'll have to wait and see.

I didn't get 24hr roadside assistance anyway.

I was happy with spreading the cost over 10 months at a miniscule increase which the previous insurer wouldn't offer.

If they do increase my cover next year by too much I will talk to them first before I decide whether to apply elsewhere.

• Like 2

Missed the part about it only being for the first year. Would think that with the replacement value of my vehicle dropping by about 80,000 baht, the premium would drop substantially as well. I must be naive.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wimpy said:

Have been with Roojai for a year.  The quote they are giving me for renewal no longer includes the 24hr roadside assistance. If I add the roadside assistance at additional cost, the premium is higher than last year. This is despite having zero claims and my vehicle value depreciating. Have others gotten the same "deal"? ????

Hi yes/.

I had the same, gone up? but no claim?

i want roadside assistance? free 1st year 2nd year pay?

i emailed them back and complained why? up?

they sent me another quote again! still up from the 1st year, but better than the renewal quote?

guess, we have to pay now for bad drivers who claim alot? or covid excuse?

still prefer them though?

falang has to pay more?

cheers

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear wimpy,

Thank you for your feedback and for being a Roojai.com customer.

Premiums do change from year to year depending on a number of factors including:

•     the number of Roojai.com customers who had accidents in the previous year;
  •     the inflation of garage repair and labor costs; and
  •     the increasing cost of bodily injury claims over time.

Your sincerely,

The Roojai.com team

I appreciate your comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roojai said:

In April 2020, the Thai government decided to increase the compensation amount paid for anyone who dies in a motor accident. We believe that this is a good change, since it is important to provide fair compensation to the family of anyone who is unfortunate enough to die in a motor accident. However, this change in legislation has greatly increased Roojai.com claim costs. As a result, Roojai.com (and many Thai insurance companies) have had to increase prices. This is the main reason why your renewal premium has increased.

Do you have a source for this? It sounds odd, because if the government decided to do this, it is most likely for to the compulsary insurance which every vehicle needs to have, and not to some voluntary insurance as provided by you. In this case it would increase the cost for the RVP insurance fund, but this seems to be unrelated to your costs. So how did it increase your costs?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Can we get a list of garages where it is possible to fix a car around Pattaya ?

Do you have a list ?

Thank you.

Hi scoupeo,

All the garages available can be checked here. You can search by province or find garages near you (remember to enable the location service on your browser and device). You can also check the available customer ratings for the garages.

Best regards,

The Roojai.com team

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sncoem said:

I checked again and the only garages are far from Pattaya, and if you own a benz it's in BKK !

So how people who own a benz can be covered by your insurance ?

Dear sncoem,

If you are looking at the logo on the garage, that's only the dealer garages.

image.png.3e4eff6839f52638e00d3dac84715780.png

Our preferred garage network can repair any model. You can call and our agents to check for you. But that's definitely something we should add to our garage map.

Thanks, we will implement that feature on the website.

If you purchase an insurance policy with the "Any garage" plan, you can repair your vehicle at another garage not in the preferred garages list. However, please contact us at least 24 hours in advance so that we can make arrangements with the garage.

Best regards,

The Roojai.com team

2 minutes ago, Roojai said:

Dear sncoem,

Our preferred garage network can repair any model. You can call and our agents to check for you. But that's definitely something we should add to our garage map.

If you purchase an insurance policy with the "Any garage" plan, you can repair your vehicle at another garage not in the preferred garages list. However, please contact us at least 24 hours in advance so that we can make arrangements with the garage.

Best regards,

The Roojai.com team

Which Honda Dealer to use in Udon Thani - I ask because I cannot find on your list

1 hour ago, Roojai said:

Dear sncoem,

Best regards,

The Roojai.com team

Does it mean that if we buy ANY GARAGE plan we can also go to the official dealer ? But you do not have all official dealers in all provinces...

18 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Which Honda Dealer to use in Udon Thani - I ask because I cannot find on your list

Hi canopus1969,

If you purchase an insurance policy with the "Any garage" plan, you can repair your vehicle at another garage not in the preferred garages list.

If it's not in the list it only means none of our customers went there before. A customer just need to contact us at least 24 hours in advance so that we can make arrangements with the garage.

17 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Does it mean that if we buy ANY GARAGE plan we can also go to the official dealer ? But you do not have all official dealers in all provinces...

Hi scoupeo,

Any garages means anything that is not in our preferred garages list, including dealers.

If it's not in the list it only means none of our customers went there before. A customer just need to contact us at least 24 hours in advance so that we can make arrangements with the garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roojai said:

Hi canopus1969,

If you purchase an insurance policy with the "Any garage" plan, you can repair your vehicle at another garage not in the preferred garages list.

Thank you for that, so you confirm one can use the Udon Honda Dealer for repairs if one has a 'Dealer' policy ?

Back in August our Roojai premium went up over 738THB on an 11 year old car. I asked Roojai why, they said much have they answered on this thread, but offered us a reduced "third party coverage from 2 million per person" so our premium went back to exactly what it was the year before. A cheaper premium still would have been preferred since the car is getting older and we had no claims, but where else are we going to go when the other insurance companies cost even more!?