Pattaya’s boat operators bemoan lack of Chinese tourists

webfact

Hang on.  Hang on.  As we have been told numerous times on TVF, the Chinese tourists provide zero benefit locally.  Zero.  Every penny goes back to China.  I don't know what these boat operators have to 'bemoan' about.  And, all the other local workers in the tourist industry.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

What about the recent 33 or 39 that arrived in Thailand they must be out of quarantine now and itching to spend the 400k that TAT says they have to spend per person ......they not reach pattaya yet ???  lol

just what I thought.....perhaps they only prefer to sail on a sanpan or junk !!!

16 hours ago, morrobay said:

I don't like the speedboats and dislike the drivers more so. The point is- walk around the point. Or take the other ferry boat to Nabon main pier ,then songkow to a beach like Nual .

export1602897557343.jpg

Why should I have to?

There is a pier on the beach I went to, so why can't the speedboat customers get on and off there, instead of ruining the beach for everyone.

I know the reason, and most reading this probably do too.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

At least there is currently a lack of tour guides stopping the traffic (occasionally) on Beach Road in order to allow hordes of Chinese/Korean trippers (with the mandatory blue towel over their head) get to the boats. I don't know what the current fare for the Bali Hai ferry to the island is, but it's peanuts compared to the speed boats.  Strangely there is no mention in the list of attractions for the place that a lot of Pattaya's garbage ends up.  

Video from Coconuts TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAh7nVq0mvg&ab_channel=CoconutsTV

On 11/11/2020 at 7:19 PM, phetchy said:

At least there is currently a lack of tour guides stopping the traffic (occasionally) on Beach Road in order to allow hordes of Chinese/Korean trippers (with the mandatory blue towel over their head) get to the boats. I don't know what the current fare for the Bali Hai ferry to the island is, but it's peanuts compared to the speed boats.  Strangely there is no mention in the list of attractions for the place that a lot of Pattaya's garbage ends up.  

Video from Coconuts TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAh7nVq0mvg&ab_channel=CoconutsTV

Back in the 90s it was red towels.I have a photo somewhere of a gaggle of Asian tourists with red towels walking down one of the sois to the beach. I assumed they were Japanese, but I could be wrong.

^^ Just for fun I looked up that photo. I was wrong though, they are going away from the beach. Soi Post Office I think as can see the Malibu cabaret at top of Soi. Pink towels, but it's a long time since I took that photo, and memory not great.

90s.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

^^ Just for fun I looked up that photo. I was wrong though, they are going away from the beach. Soi Post Office I think as can see the Malibu cabaret at top of Soi. Pink towels, but it's a long time since I took that photo, and memory not great.

90s.jpg

I think the pink colour is due to scanning an old photo that faded a bit, so all red. That's from looking at the closest towel which is red, with a bit of pink. All the towels would be the same colour.