Forbidden Entry Of Certain Countries

I have heard that there is a list that show what countries are forbidden to entry it´s people into Thailand...

Is it a list like that? Can some of you guys help me to find it plse??

thank you so much,

glegolo

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, poohy said:

I presume they are referring to this (or something like it)

Yes maybe you right, many people read stuff, and draw conclusions like satan himself

reads the bible.

thanks

glegolo

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are no countries whose citizens cannot enter Thailand.

All must qualify for entry and apply for a certificate of entry.

Right... but which countries have an easier time getting a COE? It's not like anyone can get one at any embassy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did you hear this information in a beer bar from a 'long in the tooth, jaded ex special forces self made millionaire’ ???

Don’t take his investment advice, that probably really was a ladyboy, and don’t ring that bell !!!...  :1zgarz5:

------

There is no such list. Anyone of any nationality who meets the entry and visa requirements can obtain a CoE from the Thai Embassy in their country or country they are currently in.

No I heard it from an acquaintence that is a newbie.....I have already got information here in this thread,

but thanks for your response...

glegolo

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did you hear this information in a beer bar from a 'long in the tooth, jaded ex special forces self made millionaire’ ???

Don’t take his investment advice, that probably really was a ladyboy, and don’t ring that bell !!!...  :1zgarz5:

------

There is no such list. Anyone of any nationality who meets the entry and visa requirements can obtain a CoE from the Thai Embassy in their country or country they are currently in.

A requirement of the STV is that applicant must be from "low risk country". I have not seen that quantified in any way. However it would mean many countries would not be considered. UK, USA and MANY others.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A requirement of the STV is that applicant must be from "low risk country". I have not seen that quantified in any way. However it would mean many countries would not be considered. UK, USA and MANY others.

Does “from” a low risk country mean you have to be a citizen of that country? What if you are a non-citizen living there or happen to be travelling there. Can you still apply (for example US citizen).

3 hours ago, hioctane said:

Does “from” a low risk country mean you have to be a citizen of that country? What if you are a non-citizen living there or happen to be travelling there. Can you still apply (for example US citizen).

No

But to apply for the visa at many embassies requires you to be citizen or legal resident of the country to apply for it.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:22 AM, DrJack54 said:

Just a fun new development as of a couple of days ago the Thai Embassy in the US has new instructions on how to obtain a COE with a new TR (turist) visa.  Not the STV just a TR.  They also updated their site and removed the language that said TR were prohibited from entering Thailand.

Link below.

https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

Edited by AKJeff

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

No

But to apply for the visa at many embassies requires you to be citizen or legal resident of the country to apply for it.

Right, and that raises the issue that you must be in a country that actually has a Thai embassy... And while that most seem like most countries, it's a minority of the world's countries. (There are just 65 Embassies of Thailand)

I'm chilling in a lovely country right now with no Thai Embassy. And since the neighboring country --- which does have an embassy -- is locked down ... well ... there effectively is a "list" of countries that can get to Thailand.

Edited by Senechal

6 hours ago, Senechal said:

I'm chilling in a lovely country right now with no Thai Embassy. And since the neighboring country --- which does have an embassy -- is locked down ... well ... there effectively is a "list" of countries that can get to Thailand.

If there is no Thai embassy or official consulate in the country where you are staying you would have to apply at the designated embassy for that country. Due to the current situation they will do everything by mail or courier.