Second 60-day Visa Extension Questions

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well tried doing it today in Bangkok. Entered Visa exempt, last extension was 60 days to visit Thai wife and failed due to TM.30. At counter K they wouldn't do the extension without TM.30

Since I was alone and the condo is rented on wife's name I couldn't do the TM.30 alone. Needs power of attorney (just a form renter/owner needs to sign) and their copy of house registration. The Tm.30 counter  female IO did seem quite annoyed even though I tried explaining that the IO at counter K where I went to get the extension said to come over anyway and call the wife on the phone to confirm I stayed there as the IO did while I was at counter K and I wouldn't need power of attorney but the Tm.30 IO wouldn't even listen and just called the next person. 

I had the rent contract with me and copy of owners and wife's ID. But didn't have power of attorney or the wife with me so couldn't do it. Now 2 day holiday so earliest Monday.

5 hours in total and did nothing ???? most spent waiting at the TM.30 area.

4 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Well tried doing it today in Bangkok. Entered Visa exempt, last extension was 60 days to visit Thai wife and failed due to TM.30. At counter K they wouldn't do the extension without TM.30

Since I was alone and the condo is rented on wife's name I couldn't do the TM.30 alone. Needs power of attorney (just a form renter/owner needs to sign) and their copy of house registration. The Tm.30 counter  female IO did seem quite annoyed even though I tried explaining that the IO at counter K where I went to get the extension said to come over anyway and call the wife on the phone to confirm I stayed there as the IO did while I was at counter K and I wouldn't need power of attorney but the Tm.30 IO wouldn't even listen and just called the next person. 

I had the rent contract with me and copy of owners and wife's ID. But didn't have power of attorney or the wife with me so couldn't do it. Now 2 day holiday so earliest Monday.

5 hours in total and did nothing ???? most spent waiting at the TM.30 area.

Thought that having wife present was a pre requisite for  60 day extension to visit wife.

3 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

Yeah I am on the 60 day "To visit wife" extension now until the 25th.

This was an attempt at a "Covid-19" 60 day extension.

yep, in same position )

stamp date NOV 25th too ???? haha ) i saw on fb, somebody can change it to 30th in some cases ) and after they get + 60 days to JAN 30 already

13 hours ago, Sergey Black said:

yep, in same position )

stamp date NOV 25th too ???? haha ) i saw on fb, somebody can change it to 30th in some cases ) and after they get + 60 days to JAN 30 already

Hope not ???? that would mean i have to go twice next week. First get until 30th then again to get the 60 days again ????

Made a booking for Monday so will try again. I assume gonna be much more crowded as it is the last week to extend those nov 30th stamps.

On 11/17/2020 at 4:19 PM, Sergey Black said:

time for update,

today my friend went to IO,

give them all docs, what Ubonjoe mention before, only affidavit paper he don't have

in short : they refuse make new 60 days extension for him, but have way to make 1 year ofc ????

not sure how to comment it in other ways here ) its not safety on 100% 

but real life like this 15 to 20krice for this

1 year volunteer visa for 40000 thb ?

7 minutes ago, WhateverDude said:

Is there an online doc for the COVID affidavit? I'd like to print it out and have it ready to go with all my other docs. Can't seem to find it on the immigration site. Thanks for any help!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=717765

It's 2 sided. This is first page. You sign on the back.

2 minutes ago, teetersb said:

Dr.Jack 54, how many boxes should we check? Just 1, or more?

I think there is a box that is basically stating "cannot exit Thailand due to Covid situation"

I read one report from MTT that the io basically pointed which box to cross.

On 11/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, DrJack54 said:

Thanks Dr Jack. Does this 60 day extension begin on the date of application or the date of the current permission to stay expiring? I have until Nov. 30th based on the latest covid extension with embassy letter done at MTT.

30 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Thanks Dr Jack. Does this 60 day extension begin on the date of application or the date of the current permission to stay expiring? I have until Nov. 30th based on the latest covid extension with embassy letter done at MTT.

This has been asked in various threads . My limited reading of MTT is that the extension has been dated from Nov 30. 

Some other offices the commencement has been from date of application.

Doesn't really matter much now as we are in final countdown. 

Personally I would make online appointment asap and accept whatever is on offer.

Bit off topic however I wonder/hope that governments are aware of world situation. Many countries going from bad to worse.

No one should be forced to leave Thailand currently. 

On 11/20/2020 at 6:17 AM, DrJack54 said:

I think there is a box that is basically stating "cannot exit Thailand due to Covid situation"

I read one report from MTT that the io basically pointed which box to cross.

Regarding this affidavit, am I correct in understanding that if you DO have an embassy letter that is currently valid (dated within 30 days of the date you apply for the extension) then the affidavit is not necessary?  Or is the affidavit still required even with a valid embassy letter?

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

Regarding this affidavit, am I correct in understanding that if you DO have an embassy letter that is currently valid (dated within 30 days of the date you apply for the extension) then the affidavit is not necessary?  Or is the affidavit still required even with a valid embassy letter?

Thank you!

As per usual it depends on where you applying for your extension.

Some offices are not providing affidavit. CM notable.

Many embassies are currently not issuing letter. Which imm office do you deal with.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

As per usual it depends on where you applying for your extension.

Some offices are not providing affidavit. CM notable.

Many embassies are currently not issuing letter. Which imm office do you deal with.

It'll be MTT, with an embassy letter less than 30 days old at the time of appointment (which is the end of this week).

44 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

It'll be MTT, with an embassy letter less than 30 days old at the time of appointment (which is the end of this week).

US embassy is stating no letter is required for an extension by the Royal thai government’s immigration bureau. Is the US embassy the only country with this this agreement? Perhaps stating which country of origin would bring better clarity to extension requirements.

So I just got back from immigration. Did Tm.30 first then went for the 60 day "covid" extension. And I got an under consideration stamp to come back Dec 7. IO wasn't very friendly and said I should go back home and get a "family visa" and Thai government's good will can end any time and then kept on about foreigners staying here now doing bad things....etc...

So not sure. anybody else got the under consideration letter or am I the lucky one? ????

5 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

So I just got back from immigration. Did Tm.30 first then went for the 60 day "covid" extension. And I got an under consideration stamp to come back Dec 7. IO wasn't very friendly and said I should go back home and get a "family visa" and Thai government's good will can end any time and then kept on about foreigners staying here now doing bad things....etc...

So not sure. anybody else got the under consideration letter or am I the lucky one? ????

Which office?

59 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Thanks for the report. Which counter does the TM30? Is it same building as K counter in MTT but different floor? Or is it a diff building?    Also...what country are you from?

3 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

what is your nationality?

No letter needed for Americans at the present time. From the US Embassy website:

Last update: October 13, 2020

Q: What is the status on the Royal Thai Government’s visa amnesty?
A: On September 30, 2020, the Royal Thai Government officially approved a grace period until October 31, 2020 for persons in Thailand in temporary visa status (of all visa types) to depart the country. The measure was published on that date in the Royal Thai Gazette.  The grace period further extends the automatic visa extension that was first announced in late March due to Covid-related travel difficulties.

According to verbal communication from the Royal Thai Government’s Immigration Bureau, non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay.  Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions.  For more information about applying for Thai visa extensions, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact the Thai Immigration Bureau.

Please note the Royal Thai government is under no obligation to extend short-term visas and may end the practice at any time.  If your request is denied or you do not wish to change to an appropriate long-term visa category, you should begin making plans to depart Thailand as soon as possible.  Please contact the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or Consulate General in Chiang Mai if you need financial assistance to depart Thailand.

https://th.usembassy.gov/covid-19-faq/

4 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks for the report. Which counter does the TM30? Is it same building as K counter in MTT but different floor? Or is it a diff building?    Also...what country are you from?

K is in another building. Just one floor. One big room.  TM.30 and 90 day report are in other building on 2nd floor. You go up then walk out to parking lot and there you get the forms then fill them out and get a number and wait outside on the parking lot until your number gets called.

I am German.

12 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

So not sure. anybody else got the under consideration letter or am I the lucky one?

Today, Monday 23rd, I went to Chaengwattana for 60day covid extension. I got an 'under consideration' stamp to go back Dec 8th. 

Got there at around 1:30pm and left at 6pm.

Archived