Second 60-day Visa Extension Questions

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, teetersb said:

I went to Surin Imm. today for my 2nd 60 day ext. and got "Under consideration" return on Dec. 2nd. New IO, & polite staff.

Surin in Surin Province ?

It looks like the date of return to immigration is variable ? 15 days, you 9 days or so ?...

On 11/10/2020 at 10:55 PM, doomslayerxyz said:

I did this today.

I already had a 60 day extension based on marriage (due to expire on 25 Nov) and went to Chaeng Wattana for a new Covid extension. Initially the officer wasn't sure I can have another extension, but after asking a colleague they agreed I can get a new extension for Covid.

They gave me an "Under Consideration" stamp, and to return on 24 Nov.

Is it likely that they will give me 2 months until 25 January?

Is it possible they only give me 30 days?

Is it possible they reject it?

For an update on this, I went again today and got my passport stamped until 8 January (so I guess that's 60 days from the time of application, so it would have been better to apply later).

The process to get it is simple: just show them your passport, get a queue and you're sent to L2 counter, which just takes your passport and gets it back to you with the extension. The receipt to show I paid 1900 was not necessary.

I arrived there at 7am, and at 9am I was finished. 7am is a good time to arrive and you can get an early queue.

Chiang Mai: just got 2 months stamp

(Tourist visa => amnesty => 1 month Visa extention in 27th of Aug => 2 months Covid extention Sempt until 27th of Nov => now got the next stamp until 29th of Jan 2021)

No Embassy Letter, had to sign Affidavit that my Embassy doesnt provide such a letters

2 pics, 1900 bht, about 1 hr. Quite friendly and helpful

3 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

(Tourist visa => amnesty => 1 month Visa extention in 27th of Aug => 2 months Covid extention Sempt until 27th of Nov => now got the next stamp until 29th of Jan 2021)

No Embassy Letter, had to sign Affidavit that my Embassy doesnt provide such a letters

This is great news as there have been reports throughout last week of CM refusal to issue 60 day extensions 

15 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

No "under consideration" stamp ??

7 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Surin in Surin Province ?

It looks like the date of return to immigration is variable ? 15 days, you 9 days or so ?...

Kap Choeng in Surin Province, near the Cambodia border. Yes, the under consideration seems to be variable by office. I will update after 2 Dec. to verify if/or how many days extension I get.

47 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

Could you please let us know what country are you from? and why do you need to extend your visa in Aug? your experiece is quite confusing to me. thank you

2 minutes ago, comm2020 said:

Could you please let us know what country are you from? and why do you need to extend your visa in Aug? your experiece is quite confusing to me. thank you

Russia

I had 2 months tourist visa and made + 1 month extention of it

If I'am not wrong when the Amnesty period was expired at the end of August we all had to  legalise our staying in Thailand by one way or another. I got the 1 month extention of my tourist visa as i hadn't used it before

22 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

If I'am not wrong when the Amnesty period was expired at the end of August we all had to  legalise our staying in Thailand by one way or another. I got the 1 month extention of my tourist visa as i hadn't used it before

Thanks for reply, amensty ended in October 30th

8 minutes ago, comm2020 said:

Thanks for reply, amensty ended in October 30th

If so why then some posters from Thaivisa left Thailand in September  (or August?) assuming they wouldn't be able to get the next extention? It had something to do with the letters from the Embassies as part of the extension requests...

13 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

If so why then some posters from Thaivisa left Thailand in September  (or August?) assuming they wouldn't be able to get the next extention? It had something to do with the letters from the Embassies as part of the extension requests

it's due to the fact the immigration office anounced the extenstion of the amnesty  in October, while the previous set expiring day of the amnest was due on the 26th sept.

15 hours ago, blanes2007 said:

Hi there,

I stay in CM on a tourist visa/amnesty and my current covid extension visa expires on the 30th Nov.

Some questions if you could kindly help:

1) Which office did you go to (the one at promenada mall, or the one near the airport?)

2) What documents did you provide or did they request for?

3) For the Affidavit, did the office provide it for you on the spot?

4) What was the overall process like? Any comments on it?

Thanks so much..

At the entrance to the Airport office you will be given an application form in duplicate (so take 2 photos) and several other documents that have to be signed.  Friendly assistant at the entrance will check your documents and if everything is OK send you inside the building to the ticket counter, there nice ladies check the documents again... and ask for a Letter from the Embassy! If an applicant can't provide it, they give  an Affidavit with a few checkboxes kinda "the Embassy of my country does not issue such a letters." Filled it but the package is still incomplete - they also asked for a printout an email from the Embassy or at least the announcement page from the Embassy's website.

I guess this is a formal requirement. In my case they agreed to accept the even Embassy's Facebook page. Having printed the page at home the next day I came back to the same nice ladies. They checked the documents again and were completely satisfied with the beautiful color printout from Facebook in Russian. Gave me a ticket, 15 minutes of waiting, call, 1900 baht, taking photo,10 minutes of waiting - Mister Blanes2007! Take your passapot! - Got stumped until 20 of January! Bingo

Thanks Blanes

Really appreciate the info.

Just to double check, you did not go to promenada mall correct? but you went to the one closest to the airport. It's important for me to reconfirm.

So to sum up, in order to get 60 days extension you need:

1) TM30

2) Color photographs (2)

3) printout of embassy refusal/inability to issue letter

4) fill in Affidavit form which is provided by the immigration on the spot

5) 1900 baht

6) fill in normal application form

Is there anything else i'm missing in the process? 

Thanks again!

Archived