Parents to seek 120 million baht damages against Sarasas school in child abuse case

webfact

This gives some hope but not much I fear. While it's good to see some action against these animals, I would even more like to see more of these so-called teachers do jail time.

Even if they win the law suits, how many of those being sued will be able to pay such large sums? Probably won't see a satang.

Edited by Saltire
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

20 parents want 120 million Baht.   Sure they do that will make them smile. Kids getting a slap , yeah but look at the money.

If they win, I'm going to dig my old school uniform out, turn up  and arrange to get myself slapped around. 

4 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm not in any way condoning the school or teachers in this situation, but who claims damages against parents that abuse their children?

That would normally be the public prosecutor who would demand jailtime and fines for the parents when the case ends up in court.

They haven't a hope in hell of getting compensation or anything with the exception of an apology without sincerity and the possibility of the guilty teacher getting a transfer to another post.

I totally agree with another poster saying they are just giving the parents ' false hope ' but in the meantime, pool your funds and resources and pay my fees for a pipe dream.

• Like 1