Bangkok: Four star hotel for only 7,425 baht a MONTH - utilities/net free!

webfact

Bangkok: Four star hotel for only 7,425 baht a MONTH - utilities/net free!

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that chatter online was rife after the Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok announced a super deal on Facebook that meant you could stay in their four star establishment for as little as 7,425 baht a month.

The hotel said in English that: "We are here to help. Make us your home". They then continued in Thai to say why bother with a flat or condo when you could stay at a great hotel with all its convenience and safety, long term. In addition to their being no deposit the fee includes water, electricity and internet fees. 

Book now until the end of the year, they urged. 

Drumming down a little into the details it emerges that in order to get a 30 square meter deluxe room for this price you would have to pay for six months in advance, 44,550 baht that averages out at 7,425 per month.

A deal on a bigger 70 square meter room  putting down 67,050 baht for an "Executive Suite" would cost 11,175 per month. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-10

That's actually not too bad - most condo units want you to sign a 1-year lease minimum PLUS the 2 months deposit.

On the flip-side, you pay the whole 6-months upfront here - although could probably negotiate to bring the rent down a little further.

16 minutes ago, varun said:

That's actually not too bad - most condo units want you to sign a 1-year lease minimum PLUS the 2 months deposit.

On the flip-side, you pay the whole 6-months upfront here - although could probably negotiate to bring the rent down a little further.

No chance to get the price down. It was sold out in hours. There’s a huuuge waiting list now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, varun said:

Air B and B is a way not to pay deposits I book monthly’s 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Air B and B is a way not to pay deposits I book monthly’s 

to Ireland32:

We used Air B&B for the 1st time last fall on a 3 week vacy to Vietnam. Very impressed with costs,location etc.

Many to chose from.You can specify kitchen,washer cable.Had everything.Being able to cook was great.

I'll opt for these over hotel rooms anytime.

Now lets just get over this Wu flu and get on with life.

At this time there is no way I'm leaving the country what with all the hoops to get back in.OMG/<deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

to Ireland32:

We used Air B&B for the 1st time last fall on a 3 week vacy to Vietnam. Very impressed with costs,location etc.

Many to chose from.You can specify kitchen,washer cable.Had everything.Being able to cook was great.

At this time there is no way I'm leaving the country what with all the hoops to get back in.OMG/<deleted>.

And many hotel booking sites are now taking bookings for condos and apartments by owners..I just rented a condo on Agoda for the weekend in Bang Sean....better than a hotel any day

• Like 2

Knowing my luck id get a 6 month room next to one full of Uni college boys--6 packed in there and karaoke

Ive known many hotels that rent long term..usually lower floors are monthly and higher rooms are daily, I stayed in one outside Cm and I discovered it was a weekend hot spot for Papa and his Gik or Mia Noi....happy happy

But cash is King in LOS.....seems everything has a price...just how much you're willing to pay....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jaideedave said:

to Ireland32:

i still wonder why airbnb has been successful with such an idiotic website.

There has never been a better time for those able to take advantage of low hotel prices. Expect to see a lot more of these type of deals once other hotels get wind of it. It could be the difference between bankruptcy and surving in business for many operators. Even on daily rates, nice rooms can be had for 400-800 Baht all around the country now. 

As for apartments; a friend recently got a 4,000 Baht monthly discount on his apartment contract renewal. His place on a high floor overlooks the Chao Phraya River opposite Icon Siam. Stunning views up and down the river.

Hotel (I think it's the Kokotel) on Suk Soi 50/52, On Nut has a huge banner up saying it has rooms for 12,000 THB per month 

Sorry I don't know anymore details, but I have had a drink in the outdoor cafe/bar there & it looks a nice/new hotel, location is excellent as you're 2 minutes away from a Tesco Lotus, BTS Station & even have a small restaurant/drinking area (Beacon Place) just a cross the road. 

Edit to add link to hotel: https://www.kokotel.com/kokotel-bangkok-sukhumvit-50/  

Edited by Mike Teavee

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Hotel (I think it's the Kokotel) on Suk Soi 50/52, On Nut has a huge banner up saying it has rooms for 12,000 THB per month 

Sorry I don't know anymore details, but I have had a drink in the outdoor cafe/bar there & it looks a nice/new hotel, location is excellent as you're 2 minutes away from a Tesco Lotus, BTS Station & even have a small restaurant/drinking area (Beacon Place) just a cross the road. 

Edit to add link to hotel: https://www.kokotel.com/kokotel-bangkok-sukhumvit-50/  

13,500 baht/month for 24 m2. 

Nice, but still a bit more then the OP.

https://www.kokotel.com/kokotel-bangkok-sukhumvit-50/promotions/long-stay-offer.html

• Like 1