Do we have sponge paint brushes here?

VocalNeal

You guys and your keyboard searches crack me up. Probably never get out, never walk anywhere and never met the cute girl who speaks English in one of the local hardware stores.

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

You guys and your keyboard searches crack me up. Probably never get out, never walk anywhere and never met the cute girl who speaks English in one of the local hardware stores.

Some people have to take a day trip to get to places where we can do that, yes the cute girls are getting better and more cute but going to see them takes time. ???? 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Some people have to take a day trip to get to places where we can do that, yes the cute girls are getting better and more cute but going to see them takes time. ???? 

OK that is why I chose to live "in-town" . I can't walk to everything or at least can but only in exercise mode. 

3 minutes ago, CaptainCarrot said:

what do you think the sponge brushes are for?

Whatever one wishes to use them for.

What do you thing toothbrushes are for? What people actually use them for may surprise you with statements like above. 

The goose chase continues.

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Whatever one wishes to use them for.

What do you thing toothbrushes are for? What people actually use them for may surprise you with statements like above. 

The goose chase continues.

I am curious to know what the advantage is using a sponge brush rather than a bristle brush. 

22 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I am curious to know what the advantage is using a sponge brush rather than a bristle brush. 

In my experience, they are excellent for cutting in and detail.  The main issue I have had with them is that they start falling apart after a few uses.  

4 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

In my experience, they are excellent for cutting in and detail.  The main issue I have had with them is that they start falling apart after a few uses.  

I'll have to try them. I like a 2 1/2" angled brush for cutting in.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:20 AM, bankruatsteve said:

... The sponge brushes I tried in the states many years ago were c_r_a_p.

Most are.  There is one US company that makes good ones, but I can't recall the name.  I generally only use foam for little touch-ups or to apply a stain that will be wiped off. Saves cleaning expensive brushes.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:05 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Easy to make from household cleaning products and glue.

The sponge brushes look to be cheaper than household sponges. I guess you you re-hash the the old warn out sponges. Should be able to find some popsicle sticks in or around the trash outside 7-11 as well...

Edited by Yellowtail
ww