Where are the police? Netizens demand action as 1,000 bikers seal off Phetchabun road for racing

webfact

Where are the police? Netizens demand action as 1,000 bikers seal off Phetchabun road for racing

4pm.jpg

Phetchabun (racing) Circuit"

Picture: Sanook

Furious netizens demanded explanations after many clips of a big biker meet-up at the weekend in the north east of Thailand hit the internet.

Saturday saw 1,000 and more bikers set off to head for the resort area of Phu Thap Boek.

Sanook reported that residents all along Route 21 (Saraburi to Lomsak) were annoyed by bikers racing and revving their engines noisily.

Then on the second day of the road trip the Ban Tok to Pa Daeng bypass was sealed off by bikers on motorcycles and others in four wheeled vehicles.

They turned the road into a racing circuit much to the annoyance of the public.

Netizens went online with some choice words for what they saw as the irresponsible bikers.

Some asked pertinently what the police, governor and phu yai ban (local officials) were doing about it. 

Several days after the bikers went home netizens were still commenting in droves, said the media. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-11

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Some asked pertinently what the police, governor and phu yai ban (local officials) were doing about it. 

Racing their big bikes ?

I live just off Route 21 and on the night in question could hear from 3km away the screaming of bike engines. 

No big deal for me but anyone living right on the road must have copped an ear full.

"were annoyed by bikers racing and revving their engines noisily." isn't the same as 'sealing off the road.'

Car & pickup drivers to a lot to annoy and endanger motorcyclists every day. From the video clip, the stupid young lads are only racing on the public road and endangering themselves. The Darwin effect will take care of this. 'Netizens' should go back to Shoppee and Among Us and stop complaining.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like the Thai police and military don't really have control of the nation when these street races happen more and more. There are some legal tracks where these people can go but I guess they just like being outlaws. Seems like in the US there has been a lot of reckless motorbike gangs on the roads as well as a lot of cars doing donuts in intersections to show off.

7 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Those are not 'big bikes', they are 150cc 2 strokes

It was a big meeting of bikers, although some may have misinterpreted the text:

"after many clips of a big biker meet-up"

.........as indicating that it was a meeting of overweight motorcyclists.

Edited by Enoon

8 hours ago, Bangyai said:

Racing their big bikes ?

I live just off Route 21 and on the night in question could hear from 3km away the screaming of bike engines. 

No big deal for me but anyone living right on the road must have copped an ear full.

We are far enough away but many locals are complaining about this every weekend. But HWY 12 up the mountain from Lomsak is a great ride for bikes, although we do lose a few that don't know the road.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, PremiumLane said:

Those are not 'big bikes', they are 150cc 2 strokes

Yeah pictures are not good and they don't look what is termed big bikes.

The provinces should construct and make facilities for these bike kids to have some fun.  

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 8:06 AM, Kwasaki said:

Yeah pictures are not good and they don't look what is termed big bikes.

The provinces should construct and make facilities for these bike kids to have some fun.  

Perhaps your idea of fun is not the same as theirs. Maybe blocking traffic and the hazard thereof is part of the fun.

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Perhaps your idea of fun is not the same as theirs. Maybe blocking traffic and the hazard thereof is part of the fun.

Blocking traffic while they race is for safety of other users or didn't that occur you. 

To many people killjoys about if you ask me. 

Edited by Kwasaki

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Blocking traffic while they race is for safety of other users or didn't that occur you. 

To many people killjoys about if you ask me. 

So they block roads for safety? The fact that it's illegal in the first place is of no consequence eh? The roads are made for traffic not racing. If they want to race, go to a track or do it legally with local permission and the road partitioned accordingly.

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

So they block roads for safety? The fact that it's illegal in the first place is of no consequence eh? The roads are made for traffic not racing. If they want to race, go to a track or do it legally with local permission and the road partitioned accordingly.

Your just another westerner in Thailand coming and staying here with all your brainwashed rules.

Provinces should make facilities for these kids to race, that is what the closing off of public roads is all about.

Where do you live I will organise the next race meeting outside your house. ????

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Your just another westerner in Thailand coming and staying here with all your brainwashed rules.

Provinces should make facilities for these kids to race, that is what the closing off of public roads is all about.

Where do you live I will organise the next race meeting outside your house. ????

No, by Thai law it is illegal. I am no imposing any western ideals. So if you do it outside my door I can have you arrested and I will ????!

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

No, by Thai law it is illegal. I am no imposing any western ideals. So if you do it outside my door I can have you arrested and I will ????!

You will have me arrested how would that happen when the organizers brown envelope has already been received, you are sooooo naive.

I think the kids with bikes who want to race and people who organise the blocking of roads with trucks & lorries should continue until the govt or provinces build facilities for them to do so.