Single Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand now requires foreigners to show funds of 500k THB

webfact

1 minute ago, MadMuhammad said:

I was following the covid/China thing very closely and had a feeling it could go pear shaped extremely quickly. I had an ED VISA valid until 30 July this year but changed over to a marriage extension in Feb. One of the few times in life I absolutely nailed a decision brought on through anxiety 

Good man. Great decision. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's because we got here early enough to enjoy ourselves and they needed the blue pills to have fun.

Plenty bitterness when I tell other expats I've been here since my early 20's.

True dat! Was here as a backpacker in the late 80's and moved here right after college when I was in my mid 20's. Those were good times!????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, taninthai said:

No worries most will take the 30 day visa on arrival and then disappear off to Cambodia and Vietnam for 3,4,5 or 6 months,,,,great way to go push a huge percent of tourists out to neighbouring countries????????.

They seem to be forgetting tourism was at a low even before all this virus came along

I though that the visa on arrival ,which is not a visa but a visa exemption ,had gone forever.?

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, taninthai said:

No worries most will take the 30 day visa on arrival and then disappear off to Cambodia and Vietnam for 3,4,5 or 6 months,,,,great way to go push a huge percent of tourists out to neighbouring countries????????.

They seem to be forgetting tourism was at a low even before all this virus came along

No, the "High So"s  will all be flocking in to drop boatloads of Baht to save the country! [Said the Chesire cat to Alice ]

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Apparently the authorities here do not understand the concept of credit cards, multiple bank accounts, investment accounts etc. And who, if they did have such a stupidly big balance in one account, continuously, would want some foreign immigration service poring over their financial affairs for the last half a year anyway? No-one will be able to comply.

My mom had money in every financial institution in town.  As the executor of her estate it was quite a chore to round up all the accounts for distribution to her heirs.  Each bank had their own rules for closing the accounts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Backpackers will use the 30 day exemption once they are allowed back in. No one will go through the nonsense of showing what is in their bank account unless they REALLY need to be here.

Most backpackers were already using visa exempt entries anyway as they venture from country to country in the region. 

• Like 1