Single Entry Tourist Visa to Thailand now requires foreigners to show funds of 500k THB

webfact

3 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

A person 2 checks away from bankruptcy should not be considering an oversea's holiday, extremely irresponsible act but a mindset that has likely got them into their predicament.

When it comes to enjoying their time, people tend to forget how to reason

Just now, alyx said:

Not really huge it is true,  but most people do not keep funds sleeping in a bank especially with the interests the latter give. This being said, I am not quite sure that people are willing to disclose their numbers when they are trying so hard to hide it from their respective governments ( IRS springs to mind ), dont you think ?

Who said the money has to be kept in a ow interest account ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Falcon said:

Taking in to account the lack of tourists here allowed entry and the future lack of tourists because of both financial problems and / or Thailand’s rediculous ideas on how to restart the tourist trade, or put more simply, how to get a hold of foreigners money, I am expecting them to announce that they are going to charge and entry fee to the country, just like Bhutan who charge up to $250 per day just to be in the country. Ideal for Thailand that...

You might want to double check on that as what you posted is not correct, I won't explain why but I know I'm right.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Who said the money has to be kept in a ow interest account ?

That was the first part: one who lives in Thailand should especially know that people buy gold rather than investing elsewhere (I know we are not talking about Thai people but tourists willing to come here...but that is just an example: other nationalities have their own approach)

But you missed the "disclosure" part ????

3 hours ago, Haggislover said:

For the average man/ family in the UK, a annual holiday is planned and cash saved in advance, 12000 quid ? to have dead in bank?? Other destinations are on the card now, another instance of thai lunacy

The average family in the UK will take a holiday of 2 - 3 weeks max - they will not be requiring an SETV.

How are the African drug dealers going to get in? The ones who stand on the corner of Suk soi 13 and inquire about how business is when you walk past. I don't think many of them will maintain a bank balance of 500k for 6 months.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dunque said:

The average family in the UK will take a holiday of 2 - 3 weeks max - they will not be requiring an SETV.

Considering that the SETV is the only visa available, they will, but 2 - 3 weeks would be a bit crappy with the first 14 days in quarantine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I ran a successful accounting practice which ran on an overdraft and took out money as and when I needed it. My savings were my pension policies not money earning no interest in a bank account. 

Exactly. I have money but I keep it in equities and investment funds. Only the brain-dead leave large amounts of cash on a current acocunt - especially as if it is in EUR, the BANK CHARGES YOU!

• Like 2