Honda CRF300L and CRF300Rally

4 hours ago, DDBKK said:

May as well wait to pick up a nearly new second hand one and swap over all the good stuff from the 250L 

Not sure much will go across, most of the stuff on my 2014 won't fit the 2017->...and looking at the pic's even the rad is on the opposite side

I was still planning on doing this conversion anyway so if it's higher ground clearance, I simply buy 2nd hand, compare what will and wont go over and then sell the old bike with whats left on it or sell off the parts separate. 

The EJK will simply need a reflash. 

Be interesting to see how well the 300 engine responds to more aggressive cams and a port and polish. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:43 PM, BaronVonBangkok said:

Looks good. Didn't the engine on the 300 have some design issues? Have these issues been sorted now?

Camshaft???  I beleive the 300 engine... 286cc has been resolved

Whoopee an extra 36 cc????????????????????I will stick with my 250 after owning one since 2012 I think I’m gonna get some super moto wheels for mine..

currently have 2 sets of original wheels 1 with off road tyres other set with road tyres ..time to sell the road tyre set and get some 17 inch rims????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Bike was 100% stock when that pic was taken. Only thing changed were the wheels and tires

Your bike in comparison with two random CRF250 from Google, one as supermoto, the other with stock 21 inch front:

h.jpg.695b97c88d16242287d22aa05368a351.jpg

That's definitely lower. Looking at that the 21 inch front wheel aligns about with the golden bottom end of the fork in a similar way as on your picture, i guess about 2 inch lower.

If you bought it like this from new the shop either sold you the low version, or maybe Honda is doing the same what they are doing with the Africa Twin here in Thailand, they sell only the low version.

Edited by jackdd

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Your bike in comparison with two random CRF250 from Google, one as supermoto, the other with stock 21 inch front:

h.jpg.695b97c88d16242287d22aa05368a351.jpg

That's definitely lower. Looking at that the 21 inch front wheel aligns about with the golden bottom end of the fork in a similar way as on your picture, i guess about 2 inch lower.

If you bought it like this from new the shop either sold you the low version, or maybe Honda is doing the same what they are doing with the Africa Twin here in Thailand, they sell only the low version.

I agree it does seem to look low maybe it’s camera angle....the other issue is the amount of weight added to the bike crash bars,rear rack and box ,Wheels and big metal sump guard .........why have you got the big sump guard you obviously don’t go off roading with road wheels and tyres on it.

Edited by taninthai

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Actually it was 17 when they started producing the 'chopped' version...

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1220753-2017-crf250l-for-thai-market-is-lower-than-previous-models/

Interesting. From what i found on Google it looks like the CRF300L also only comes in the low version here in Thailand. But the CRF250/300 Rally seems to have the regular height.

51 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Interesting. From what i found on Google it looks like the CRF300L also only comes in the low version here in Thailand. But the CRF250/300 Rally seems to have the regular height.

That is true...there's a couple of ways to get an 'L' back up to regular height, either fit the longer rods to the front forks and a rear shock for a pre 17 model...or fit a lift kit (after-market made here in Thailand)

IMG-20190417-WA0012b.jpg

IMG-20190420-WA0008 (Medium).jpg