Small business owner reveals despair at economic situation in Pattaya

23 hours ago, morrobay said:

And a theme park , bridges too far. Who is behind this, the same folks at Harbor mall or the money laundering crews from down South.

You don't know the theme of this park. Perhaps just more bars... 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. They should recast as a destination of great natural beauty and architectural interest.  

don't worry 500K tourist visa's will fix everything!    

i still wouldn't chance that - spend 100s thousands of baht and be forced under lock and key into a thai private hospital because i got a fever on the plane.   no thanks, i wouldn't chance i

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Pick a country and check the info of the Thai embassy there. The ones that I checked didn't have a restriction. But the visa has certain requirements like health insurance, money on a bank account and quarantine and other things. 

If you find a European country that is blocked please post it here. 

I don't have to check it, because it is not a tourist visa, it's a special long stay visa with ridiculous financial requirements, which no genuine tourist is interested in.

If you have any info on European TOURISTS allowed entry, please post it here

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 11/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, Thunder26 said:

Open borders to tourists with the set requirements, such as COVID-19 insurance.

What about COVID-19 insurance for you? Or are you immune already?

A conspiracy troll post and replies have been removed:

Please also take note of the following which is pinned at the head of the covid-19 forum

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:35 AM, bodga said:

Saving for a  rainy  day................unheard of in Thailand I  guess

rain hasn't stopped.. things went downhill from late march. 

but we hope that the chinese who r ready to spend 400k will revive  economy.

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Susco said:

So you are saying that Europeans currently can get a Tourist visa to enter Thailand.

Any credible source for that?

Check the websites of Thai Embassies based in Europe. It is certainly on the UK and Germany ones. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

rain hasn't stopped.. things went downhill from late march. 

but we hope that the chinese who r ready to spend 400k will revive  economy.

And they were going down for years before that. 

I'm curious as to how a person with a subsistence existence is supposed to put away enough money to cover expenses for a year or more. Even the major banks, airlines and hotel chains have failed in that endeavor.  That's ok, they own the politicians and qualify for billions in corporate welfare. 

• Like 2

Maybe she decided to go before she completely runs out of money, moving out of Pattaya back to Nakorn Nowhere she could reduce he monthly out goings.

No point in her sticking it out hoping things will get better,

• Like 1
On 11/13/2020 at 2:23 AM, Oldie said:

The borders are not closed. In the meantime even tourists from high risk countries are allowed to enter.

However, tourists from some countries (Australia and currently UK for example) are not even allowed to travel overseas for holidays. The safety concerns or poor finances of many just mean that they will not be travelling anytime soon even if borders were wide open with no entry restrictions.  

Edited by soi3eddie
11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe she decided to go before she completely runs out of money, moving out of Pattaya back to Nakorn Nowhere she could reduce he monthly out goings.

No point in her sticking it out hoping things will get better,

Well yeah except that she should have done that 6 months ago, now it almost be wiser to sit it out. Whenever these borders do open, there is suddenly a lot less businesses to cater enough people wanting to get out after a year being locked up. They will make some good $$$.

Bigger problem is they will forget anything as soon it goes well again, to never learn the lesson, which with a high baht eventually leads to a slow death of tourism nr 1 (and Vietnam taking the spot).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
12 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Well yeah except that she should have done that 6 months ago, now it almost be wiser to sit it out. Whenever these borders do open, there is suddenly a lot less businesses to cater enough people wanting to get out after a year being locked up. They will make some good $$$.

Bigger problem is they will forget anything as soon it goes well again, to never learn the lesson, which with a high baht eventually leads to a slow death of tourism nr 1 (and Vietnam taking the spot).

I'm not so sure there's going to be a flood of tourists any time soon. Many people I know are terrified to get on a plane, and may never do so again.  I'll be at the airport on January 15th !