any nightlife on the island?

Hi, planning a long weekend bachelor party on Samui Chaweng/Lamai? is there any nightlife possible, e.g. bars, clubs, girls?

thanks

• Sad 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much in Lamai, last I passed a couple of weeks ago, one bar only was open in the boxing stadium square... –however I didn't check the sanuk-soi – driving by in car, the soi is for walking –so

Wow...😯 And please tell me whom you would expect one to get the new coronavirus disease from on Samui..? I'm in the supposed vulnerable group – 65+ years – however, I've been a regular in the nig

I am not sure what you are going on about. While it is quiet it is certainly not dead. "Most bars are closed or empty" is utter nonsense. Some bars are closed and their regulars moved to bars that are

Posted Images

Thanks for that KhunPer. I am heading to Chaweng for my 'annual' trip on Saturday - before the long weekend.

I have heard that Soi Reggae has a few beer bars open but you risk being torn apart whilst being dragged into the bars.

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have heard that Soi Reggae has a few beer bars open but you risk being torn apart whilst being dragged into the bars.

Being the lone customer could probably be anything from great fun to a rip apart/rip off. 

I've once tried to enter a much talked about 2nd floor bar in Pat Pong, only to realize that they haven't seen a customer for days...😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still in two minds which beach to stay at when I visit for a week in December (covering xmas and new year). I've booked a place in the middle of Lamai beach, as I was under the impression that there was a little bit more life there than Chaweng.

The photo-logs I've seen in Chaweng in recent months are depressing. But from this thread, it seems that Chaweng might be a better bet? I'm not looking to pick up girls, I'll have my GF with me, but Hush and a few places like that would be fine for me. 

Is there a few restaurants open near the entrance to Soi green mango? Say within 100-200m? I'm not fussy about the style, just as long as I have a few places to choose from. If I could stay within a couple of mins walk to an open 711, a handful of restaurants, and a choice of a few lively bars, then I'd be happy 🙂

Seems like Chaweng would be a better bet?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, corkman said:

Is there a few restaurants open near the entrance to Soi green mango? Say within 100-200m? I'm not fussy about the style, just as long as I have a few places to choose from. If I could stay within a couple of mins walk to an open 711, a handful of restaurants, and a choice of a few lively bars, then I'd be happy 🙂

Seems like Chaweng would be a better bet?

Not much, if anything at all, going on at Chaweng's beach road, but 7-Eleven by Soi Green Mango is open.

A few of the beachfront resorts have reopened with full service, perhaps 10-15 percent of them.

There are some restaurants open in Central Festival, but also many closed, especially those aiming on mainly tourists as customers.

Other areas on Samui are much more lively than Chaweng and Lamai – and also with open bars and pubs – and plenty of restaurants open. Driving on the Ring Road in the evening it seems almost all open from Nathon to Bo Phut, I just did the trip today.

However, if you are looking for nightlife like Chaweng's, you need a transport to get to there. It's hard to predict what will happen this New Year, or rather where people will head out for a countdown, but Ark Bar might be a good suggestion, if it's fine weather.

Take for example a look at Bang Rak, Fisherman Village, and Maenam Beach. W in Maenam might also arrange parties – little high-end – I often hear their music in week-ends.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, khunPer said:

Not much in Lamai, last I passed a couple of weeks ago, one bar only was open in the boxing stadium square...

07Lamai-dashcam.jpg.072c33a7b65dd3654e1baa75659a8b5e.jpg–however I didn't check the sanuk-soi – driving by in car, the soi is for walking –so there might be a few ones active in there. But the area seemed extremely deserted.

Chaweng has plenty of nightlife, but limited Western style.

Ark Bar is open Friday and Saturday – might be more during long week-end – with the usual beach & pool party and fireshow...

wIMG202009042355_Ark-Bar.jpg.12fc852a93d0fb043237a2fbae0f00ed.jpg

Hush is open every night with hip hop-style dance, that's where most foreigners meet for a dancing party...

wIMG_0439_Hush.jpg.61a624b537684fbbb9f958b9071bd180.jpg

Green Mango Club is reopening after rebuilding at the long weekend 19th to 22nd November, aiming at Thai audience instead of the no-show Westerners...

123415459_4033378416691590_4119285156806844422_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=skp_YeZ8A48AX-cFYyG&_nc_ht=scontent.furt1-1.fna&oh=3da6e113ba07f31cd720f4989c6bf87a&oe=5FCF791C

Some of the bars in Soi Green Mango and Soi Sound are open, including a couple with live-music...

wIMG202009042305-Soi-GM.jpg.a5227001afee292b339dff49c5136bef.jpg

However, the crowded activity goes on in Black Club little further back behind The Green Mango Club. Out front in Black Bamboo where the Westerners – and the usual freelancers – meets for drinks and ambience music from early in the evening til late, whilst indoor is the fully loaded night club, with Thai-style disco and a lots of Thai chicks, who however might not be especially interested in Westerners; well, a few might...

wIMG_0184_Black_20200718.jpg.efc99ae255ffda2a4a0934ac70babefe.jpg

Furthermore there are a number of crowded dedicated Thai places around the lake, for example The Old School Bar, Paradise Club and places I don't know the name of.

Thanks for posting these pics khunPer. They give a glimmer of hope to those stuck in the home country like myself! It put a 'tentative' smile on my face seeing the Hush pic 😌

• Like 1

I'm in Samui for a few days at the start of December, staying in Bo Phut.

Is there much happening there ?

I've been told there's a bit more going on there than elsewhere.

Can anyone on the ground there confirm ?

Cheers.

Probably the black would be the busiest place , ark bar might have some people or be empty. Friend sent me a video of last Saturday around 9pm at ark bar and all I could see in it was them and the staff .

Samui is dead !

Most bars are closed or empty.

There is no life on Samui now !

Some Thai places are doing ok but that's Thai exclusive !!!

Most bars are happy to have 2 customers at the same time ... 

I have no idea why anybody would even consider to come to Samui for "nightlife" or "party" right now.

If you like empty beaches and empty resorts and empty anything then Samui is the place for you !!!

The roads are not empty though ...

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, brain150 said:

Samui is dead !

Most bars are closed or empty.

There is no life on Samui now !

Some Thai places are doing ok but that's Thai exclusive !!!

Most bars are happy to have 2 customers at the same time ... 

I have no idea why anybody would even consider to come to Samui for "nightlife" or "party" right now.

If you like empty beaches and empty resorts and empty anything then Samui is the place for you !!!

The roads are not empty though ...

So you never went to M & M's, Papa Joes, Chi, Coco Tams. Jesus Christ. Even the bloomin minimart had a band and people drinking. Not every night mind you

Come on. Tell us which bars you went to.

By the way - if you went to the bars at 7 pm on a Monday night - yes they are empty. (Except the minimart.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, khunPer said:

Not much, if anything at all, going on at Chaweng's beach road, but 7-Eleven by Soi Green Mango is open.

A few of the beachfront resorts have reopened with full service, perhaps 10-15 percent of them.

There are some restaurants open in Central Festival, but also many closed, especially those aiming on mainly tourists as customers.

Other areas on Samui are much more lively than Chaweng and Lamai – and also with open bars and pubs – and plenty of restaurants open. Driving on the Ring Road in the evening it seems almost all open from Nathon to Bo Phut, I just did the trip today.

However, if you are looking for nightlife like Chaweng's, you need a transport to get to there. It's hard to predict what will happen this New Year, or rather where people will head out for a countdown, but Ark Bar might be a good suggestion, if it's fine weather.

Take for example a look at Bang Rak, Fisherman Village, and Maenam Beach. W in Maenam might also arrange parties – little high-end – I often hear their music in week-ends.

Thanks KhunPer. I'll be keeping my eye out for updates via posts like this. I've got got one of those "refundable" bookings so I can rebook somewhere else if needed.

Hopefully XMAS and NYE will produce a surge of domestic tourists during the week from Xmas to NYE (Friday to Friday), which might encourage a few places to open up temporarily, and presumably there's no shortage of GRAB drivers these days, so its easy enough to take a trip to a different spot each evening while I'm there.

Cheers.

• Like 1