any nightlife on the island?

MrJ

On 12/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, khunPer said:

Comparing to the last number of Carabao concerts I've been attending on Samui, I would expect GMC to be a way too small a place, with a queue line all way around the corner of soi Green Mango and down the beach road; Carabao is not a tourist attraction, it's mainly Thai crowd...

wDSC01850_Carabao_2012_w1024.jpg.f2dce597e56c7ca62c0e67c71ef4d4d3.jpg

Looks fun. I may even go with the team.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Definitely go, done it. 

Make it a company event,they will be grateful. 

We do our company event after Christmas, in the NY, when the team are not so busy and not so tired. Partners and children are invited - all you can eat and drink at a local Thai restaurant. Or I rent one of the villas for the night and the team do their own BBQ and gathering. (This has been their choice for the last two years.)

Good idea thank you PoorSucker, but I cannot see the kids enjoying it. (And I would need a much bigger budget. Normally 20 - 25 people at the company event.)

Edited by Tropicalevo

Excellent to see busy places in Samui and knowing that people still do come to the island. 

I guess the only negative for places like CocoTam is that the RPTS (Revenue per Taken Selfie) must be down in a big way.  The much appreciated Thai visitors seem to take hundreds of them...

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 9:54 PM, khunPer said:

Exiting news...

Source: Sound Club

To my knowledge, one of the two partners in Black, is the owner of Sound Club, I remember some of the people in first photo, they worked in Sound Club before Black opened... 

128769924_1442458009283720_5531124523680

129722662_1442457962617058_4740628716172

130079207_1442457925950395_9160207957924

128962157_1442457902617064_5746764775069

128617151_1442457875950400_3699196466343

128684897_1442457842617070_5782509739000

So is Sound going to be up and running soon, to replace Black I assume? 

How is the soi holding up, following the sad news of Black? Will Black reopen any time soon?

4 hours ago, corkman said:

So is Sound going to be up and running soon, to replace Black I assume? 

How is the soi holding up, following the sad news of Black? Will Black reopen any time soon?

I passed BLACK on Monday night on my way to concert in GMC. There is a scaffold up next to the entrance, and lots of bamboo and metal stuff have been taking out, so something is going on.

The speakers have been placed in a tent on the opposite side of the soi...

20201215wIMG202012142305_Black-speakers.jpg.500a65819ac515a749f4287512e235e6.jpg

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

I passed BLACK on Monday night on my way to concert in GMC. There is a scaffold up next to the entrance, and lots of bamboo and metal stuff have been taking out, so something is going on.

The speakers have been placed in a tent on the opposite side of the soi...

20201215wIMG202012142305_Black-speakers.jpg.500a65819ac515a749f4287512e235e6.jpg

Khun Per, so where have all the people been partying for the last 2 weekends?

Im more interested in the farang crowd and freelancers, rather than the Thai crowd.

TIA

2 hours ago, steelerian said:

Khun Per, so where have all the people been partying for the last 2 weekends?

Im more interested in the farang crowd and freelancers, rather than the Thai crowd.

TIA

I was also wondering the same. Presumably the aliens assemble on the beach by Paradise and Ark Bar in weekends, and otherwise Hush in soi Green Mango, the latter except Monday and Tuesday, which are days off...????

The Thais, including the single girls, are heading to The Beach Bar, if open, or Old School Bar by the lake, or Ma Ha Tea (extremely popular it the moment), or Paradise Club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Christmas events on Chaweng's beach road...

131418441_3685756261483695_3795152384079

131444035_3685756101483711_8220082779758

131753386_3685756164817038_3042246674976

131426643_3685756218150366_3484883190544

งานสมุย ปัง-ปุ-ริ-เย่ กำหนดจัดวันที่ 24-26 ธันวาคม เริ่ม 18.00-24.00 น. ณ.ถนนเลียบหาดเฉวง โดยมีวัตถุประสงค์หลักเพื่อกระตุ้นการท่องเที่ยวเกาะสมุย และปลุกหาดเฉวงให้กลับมาตื่นและมีชีวิตชีวาเหมือนก่อน ภายในงานจะจัดกิจกรรม ศิลปะ จุดเช็คอินและประดับด้วยไฟระยิบระยับทั่วบริเวณกว่า 300 เมตร ชมฟรี พบกับการกลับมารวมตัวของวงซูซูพร้อมทอมดันดี ดีเจ ศิลปินบนเกาะสมุย ศิลปินวง Yers ขวัญใจวัยรุ่น รวมถึงศิลปินเจ้าของเพลง "ที่เกาะสมุยมันมีอะไร" Deep O'SEA เต็มวงพร้อมเพลงเร็กเก้ สไตล์ ความสนุกครั้งนี้เกิดจากการร่วมมือของพี่น้องชาวสมุย สมาคมส่งเสริมการท่องเที่ยวเกาะสมุย การท่องเที่ยวแห่งประเทศไทย เทศบาลนครเกาะสมุย อำเภอเกาะสมุย สถานีตำรวจบ่อผุดและภาคเอกชน ผู้ประกอบการถนนเลียบหาดเฉวง การจัดงานครั้งนี้มีการคัดกรองผู้เข้าร่วมงานและปฎิบัติตามกฎของสาธารณสุขอำเภอในการรักษาระยะห่าง สวมแมสวัดอุณหภูมิและจำกัดนักท่องเที่ยวอย่างเคร่งครัดเพื่อความปลอดภัยและเป็นการควบคุมการแพร่ระบาดของโควิด19
ผู้จัดขอความร่วมมือร่วมใจของชาวสมุยในการต้อนรับท่องเที่ยวด้วยการเป็นเจ้าบ้านที่ดี เพื่อเปิดฤดูกาลการท่องเที่ยวของสมุยในช่วงปีใหม่ที่กำลังมาถึงต่อไป:)
สวัสดีปีใหม่และส่งความปรารถนาดีให้ทุกท่านมีความสุข ปลอดภัย คิดสิ่งใดขอให้สำเร็จทุกประการ:)
Samui Pang-Pu-Ri-Yay event. It's scheduled for 24-26 December. Start at 18.00-24.00 p.m. At. Chaweng Beach Road with the main purpose to encourage Koh Samui tourism and Chaweng Beach to be back and lively as before. Art events, check-in points and glittering lights throughout the area. 300 meters free to watch. Meet Suzu reunion with Tom Dj, artist on Koh Samui, Yers band, teenagers, artists, and music owners ′′ at Koh Samui, there is a deep O ' SEA full circle. With a reggae song, this fun style is from the collaboration of Samui brothers and sisters, Koh Samui Tourism Association, Thailand Tourism, Koh Samui Municipality, Koh Samui, Ko Samui, Police Station, Bopput and private sector. Road entrepreneurs along the beach. Chaweng this event is screening participants and following the district public health rules for keeping distance, wearing tempered and strictly limited tourists for safety and control the COVID 19 epidemic.
The organizers ask for Samui's cooperation to welcome tourism with great hosts to open the upcoming New Year's tourism season. ????
Happy new year and wish everyone a happy, safe, successful ????

Source: Tourism Association of Koh Samui on Facebook.

• Like 1

131989487_3500024563428878_8733259135931

เทศกาลปีใหม่ เกาะสมุยไม่ล๊อคดาวน์ สามารถจัดเลี้ยงกลุ่มเล็กได้ งานสังสรรค์ครอบครัว เพื่อนฝูง งานกิจกรรมจำกัดจำนวนคน เงื่อนไข หนึ่งคนต่อหนึ่งตารางเมตร และในมาตรการป้องกันโควิดอย่างถูกต้อง ปีใหม่งดจัดกิจกรรมขนาดใหญ่ที่มีคนร่วมงานจำนวนมาก
New Year's Eve, Koh Samui, no lockdown, can cater for small groups. Family, friends, events, limited to one condition, one person per one square meter, and in measures to prevent COVID properly. New year, stop hosting large events with large people. A lot of them

• Like 1

So Black is back as "The Black Bamboo Club", the outside pub, preparing to open with live music when I passed last night a quater before ten pm, and also back are the angels at Gery's, whilst the buildings in front between the parking area and "Soi Black" have vanished...

wIMG20201226214827_Black-Bamboo.jpg.8ba02173f30e97e574135c756a691daf.jpg

Furthermore the Joker Parade (band) is back on the corner on the beach road by Soi Green Mango...

wIMG20201226215215_Joker-Parade.jpg.c3fd3da0670bd3e8e63683f5e49fa2ec.jpg

But Chica Loca in Soi Sound, where there used to be a reggae- or rock band was closed, perhaps they share which days to be open...????

And also dark were some of the previous few reopened bars in that soi.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, corkman said:

Last I read, any visitors to the island need to quarantine for 2 weeks, effective from yesterday. That must translate to zero nightlife, or very close to it.

no. visitors only from certain districts in red zone provinces need to self quarantine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, corkman said:

Last I read, any visitors to the island need to quarantine for 2 weeks, effective from yesterday. That must translate to zero nightlife, or very close to it.

bigger issue that  Restaurants/Bars are still not permitted to sell alcohol. So even expat population mostly staying home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huberthammer said:

bigger issue that  Restaurants/Bars are still not permitted to sell alcohol. So even expat population mostly staying home.

That is true but in three restaurants that I have used in the last few days, beer - no problem.

That rule is definitely killing trade though.

Even more tough on the bars that do not have a restaurant licence.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:49 PM, khunPer said:

Latest red-zone update here...

how to prove ?  im living in khon kaen  but i want go  south so i need to take the flight to svb to samui  do i need to do 14 days quarantine even if im from khon kaen ?

28 minutes ago, thai006 said:

how to prove ?  im living in khon kaen  but i want go  south so i need to take the flight to svb to samui  do i need to do 14 days quarantine even if im from khon kaen ?

Is Khon Kaen in red zone?
If not, I presume you can transfer in Suvarnabhumi, but check with the air carrier(s).
However, I cannot give you an exact answer, so perhaps somebody else knows it.

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

No. But I would advise that you bring proof of address just in case. (TM 30 report, letter with your name address on, copy of house book etc)

There seems to be no major 'interrogations' by the airport, airline or ferry people.

I will be checking in guests tomorrow that are coming via Bangkok Airways. I will let you know if anything has changed.

Previous guests have said - QR code, Samui health pass for Thais/foreigners (different QR code) and temperature checks only.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Previous guests have said - QR code, Samui health pass for Thais/foreigners (different QR code) and temperature checks only.

thats all it is, i flew in last week. and you can enter whatever info into samui health pass that you want.  so the only way there would be a issue is if you came from a red covid district AND declared it in samui health pass lol.

• Like 1

So what are the requirements to enter Samui if you're flying from Bangkok?  The airline website made it sound like it was just a temperature check and providing travel info.

I put my info into the Samui "Health Check" app and the resulting QR code is yellow.  What does that mean?  Is a quarantine required?  I've been in another nearby province recently that results in a green QR code.  Should I just use that one?

10 hours ago, alw22 said:

So what are the requirements to enter Samui if you're flying from Bangkok?  The airline website made it sound like it was just a temperature check and providing travel info.

I put my info into the Samui "Health Check" app and the resulting QR code is yellow.  What does that mean?  Is a quarantine required?  I've been in another nearby province recently that results in a green QR code.  Should I just use that one?

You might find the answers in the already started thread...

-or in the pinned thread...

This thread is about nightlife...:intheclub:

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...