Refused at the checkout. I've never been so angry.

JeffersLos

On 11/11/2020 at 8:00 PM, JeffersLos said:

The cashier pointed at the 10 items only sign, then pointed for me to go to another checkout that had a long queue. 

I pointed that I only have 2 items. A bottle of milk and a box of eggs. She loudly counted each egg and the bottle of the milk and shouted that I have 25 items, then pointed to go to the checkout with the big queue.

Was this because of the way you were staring at her while waiting in the que for your turn ?

drooling GIF

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Will27 said:

TV is better now than it's ever been IMO.

They'll never make anything half as good as The Edge of Darkness ( the series not the movie ). Just too woke and PC now.

Poirot, Morse, Frost etc way, way better than any of the <deleted> they make now.

Now it's "reality" garbage shows.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

After a 12 year wait, I think we finally have solid competition for the GOM thread !!!! :clap2:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/191178-the-grumpiest-ex-pat-in-bangkok/#comments

I remember it well - hilarious. TVF members organised a rota to prevent the grumpy guy from occupying his favourite seat.

To compete with it we would need to know the name/location of the supermarket, plus the description of the checkout girl and her working roster.

Then we would need to suggest that TVF members form a long queue at her till and come up with all sorts of imaginitive ways to beat her 10-items rule.

My favourite is the suggestion in an earlier post - take 9 eggs from the tray and place them on the conveyor belt with the milk. Leave the remaning eggs behind (sorry, can't remember the name of the poster).

Edit: Just checked - it was richard_smith237

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Had it a few months ago - my bill in the supermarket was 550 Baht - I gave her 1050 expecting a 500 baht note  change 

She look confused and said she couldn't do it like that - gave me my 50 baht back then 450

dont worry give them a measurement of 150mm and they havent a  clue  what your on about, tell the 15cm and they understand.............Thai education, best in the world!

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yeah nah.

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Fargo etc.

There's heaps of quality out there if you look.

Some just want to live in the past and say "It was much better in my day".

Have to move on from Dads Army methinks.

LOL. Dad's army was pants IMO.

Never watched more than one episode of Sopranos or Breaking Bad as boring. Fargo was OK but nowhere near as good as Edge of Darkness.

@JeffersLos

I'm with the cashier on this. You exceeded your number of items. 

If someone were to go to the express counter with 100 bags of rice, do you think it will be just one item?

The cashier has to count each and every bag which takes time thus holding up the queue.

If you buy several of the same item, the scanner must scan each and every one of them, they certainly won't key in the long bar code item.

How does the cashier know that those eggs were of the same brand? Different brands/types of eggs have different prices, they have to manually scan the barcode in order to make sure.

I can buy different brands/types of eggs in the same setting , can't I?

Edited by EricTh

On 11/11/2020 at 9:44 AM, richard_smith237 said:

the best response would have been to take 9 eggs out of the box, place them next to the milk and tell her you don’t want the rest !!! 

This is the best response to this carry-on. The manager will be sought and the tiller will be quietly embarrassed at her stupidity and educated on what constitutes one item. At no point would you raise your voice or snigger.

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

This is the best response to this carry-on. The manager will be sought and the tiller will be quietly embarrassed at her stupidity and educated on what constitutes one item. At no point would you raise your voice or snigger.

'the tiller will be quietly embarrassed'   I always thought those tiller girls had loud and outgoing personalities, known for their precision.

41 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I always thought those tiller girls had loud and outgoing personalities, known for their precision

I thought the "Tiller Girls" all had long legs slim bodies and no brains.

I am not talking about supermarket staff, but about the dancers on the "Sunday Night at the London Palladium"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fangless said:
49 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I always thought those tiller girls had loud and outgoing personalities, known for their precision

I thought the "Tiller Girls" all had long legs slim bodies and no brains.

I am not talking about supermarket staff, but about the dancers on the "Sunday Night at the London Palladium"

Yes, I was referring to the same.

I don't remember them from London, but from when they originated in Manchester in the 1890s.

• Haha 2

Just now, bluesofa said:

Yes, I was referring to the same.

I don't remember them from London, but from when they originated in Manchester in the 1890s.

1890?  I knew you were knocking on a bit but remembering that far back!  Well done.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

They'll never make anything half as good as The Edge of Darkness ( the series not the movie ). Just too woke and PC now.

Poirot, Morse, Frost etc way, way better than any of the <deleted> they make now.

Now it's "reality" garbage shows.

Thank you for this. Found the series, downloaded and watched it. Good stuff.

Just now, newatthis said:

Thank you for this. Found the series, downloaded and watched it. Good stuff.

You are welcome. I've ordered it on DVD, but has to be imported, so waiting............................

It won all sorts of awards at that time, but I doubt it could be made now, given how <deleted> our world has become.

There were loads of excellent political dramas at that time, but producers seem too <deleted> to make such now.

My one regret in the series is that the CIA man let most of the audience escape before irradiating himself and the head bad man.

Apparently the writer wanted to make Craven turn into a tree at the end, but was talked out of it.

Sad that with all the tv series made now, that that old series is still the best ever, IMO.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, JeffersLos said:

Today I went to an unnamed supermarket to buy some eggs and milk.

Because I wanted to make an omelet. 

I like omelets.

I went to the checkout with a 2 liter of milk and 24 box of eggs.

The cashier pointed at the 10 items only sign, then pointed for me to go to another checkout that had a long queue. 

I pointed that I only have 2 items. A bottle of milk and a box of eggs. She loudly counted each egg and the bottle of the milk and shouted that I have 25 items, then pointed to go to the checkout with the big queue.

Then did this again as I looked at her.

I've never been so angry.  

You should have told her she is wrong on the egg site.

2 are missing in her calculation????