Health Insurance for a Family

blackcab

Does anyone have any good health insurance recommendations for a family living in Thailand?

The cover should be adequate. The family are not sure if they require inpatient and outpatient cover, so advice would be welcome.

Parents are in their 40s. Children are under 5.

Also, does the policy have to be purchased in Thailand or are there competitive international policies available?

Thank you for your help.

I personally recommend  April International -the one from France not the Thai one. They are young so the premiums should be reasonable. Outpatient puts an extra cost on the policy. We do not have it. I suggest   they contact AA Brokers - they will give expert advice and do all the work for you - they will also give advice on what to consider. I think April gives a family discount but ask  AA - they will send reams of advice and costs etc. I have mentioned AA Brokers numerous times on this forum but have no affiliation to them. On mine and my wife,s claims this year they have been outstanding.

Edited by pontious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agent:  AA Brokers  www.aainsure.net My agent there is Jenny, who is great - [email protected]

No need at all to buy in Thailand and often best not to. Though a lot depends on the family's long term plans - the main problems with Thai issued policies affect people who plan to grow old here and are less likely to be an issue for people here temporarily and planning to leave while still comparatively young.

April is an excellent choice. April Thailand offers a 15% family discount, I don't know if April Intl also does, but broker will know.

Outpatient cover is almost never worth it as it virtually doubles the premiums and the added cost is more than one is every likely to spend on outpatient visits. As long as the inpatient only policy does include outpatient cancer care, outpatient   dialysis and day surgeries (these being where OPD can be expensive). Most do.

• Thanks 1