Problems with Lazada

LittleBear57

I have been buying things from Lazada for a few years now without problems until recently. (I never returned anything before) I had to return some bedding which was the wrong size. I had some difficulty doing it on the computer but got there in the end and sent it back with Kerry. The refund still hasn't been given three months later. It will be added to your wallet for future shopping, no it wasn't. When I queried this they then said they needed a copy of my passport to activate my wallet, so I took a photo and added it electronically to their form. OK up to three weeks and it will be paid, no it wasn't. I have been on to them again they now needed my bank details to pay it into my account, 5 working days guess what, it wasn't done. I chased them again this week and they now need the passport copy and bank details again and also my passport Lazada account copy whatever that is within 48 hours or I will lose it. Apparently this is due to money laundering but I believe it's just an excuse to take money from foreigners. You should all be aware just how difficult they will make it to return your money, Thais do not have this problem only foreigners launder money it seems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

I have been buying things from Lazada for a few years now without problems until recently. (I never returned anything before) I had to return some bedding which was the wrong size. I had some difficulty doing it on the computer but got there in the end and sent it back with Kerry. The refund still hasn't been given three months later. It will be added to your wallet for future shopping, no it wasn't. When I queried this they then said they needed a copy of my passport to activate my wallet, so I took a photo and added it electronically to their form. OK up to three weeks and it will be paid, no it wasn't. I have been on to them again they now needed my bank details to pay it into my account, 5 working days guess what, it wasn't done. I chased them again this week and they now need the passport copy and bank details again and also my passport Lazada account copy whatever that is within 48 hours or I will lose it. Apparently this is due to money laundering but I believe it's just an excuse to take money from foreigners. You should all be aware just how difficult they will make it to return your money, Thais do not have this problem only foreigners launder money it seems.

You cant have a wallet unless you are Thai, I also have been all through this also, just ask for a voucher to use on Lazada when you need something.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

Apparently this is due to money laundering but I believe it's just an excuse to take money from foreigners. You should all be aware just how difficult they will make it to return your money

There's nothing sinister going on. Lazada had to come up with a workaround for the wallet refunds because of the anti money laundering laws which they had no part in creating. And getting refunded cash is not difficult you just need to be able to follow directions and jump through a few hoops. I never activated my wallet prior to getting a refund to my wallet from a seller. Entire process to arrange the transfer from the wallet to my bank account was under 5 minutes. These are the steps I used a couple of months ago.

1 Logged into my Lazada account and began a chat session with support.
2 Was asked to confirm my phone and email.
3 Received a clickable link to a webform via the chat window.
4 Easy to use form asks for your name, bank account number.
5 Uploaded an image of passport.
6 Received an email confirming the pending bank transfer to take place within 7 days. Transfer to my bank account actually took 2 days I think.

• Like 1

Have read several similar reports in the past which is why I only select Cash on Delivery items. Saves any hassle. I also click the 'local' box which reduces choice to Thai sellers so quicker delivery.

Having said that, I have never had a problem witht Lazda in 3 years.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Have read several similar reports in the past which is why I only select Cash on Delivery items. Saves any hassle. I also click the 'local' box which reduces choice to Thai sellers so quicker delivery.

Having said that, I have never had a problem witht Lazda in 3 years.

So how do you check the item before paying?  Do you keep the delivery person waiting while you unpack the package, check the contents and try out the item? 

Just wondering how Cash on Delivery works in practice.

1 minute ago, rak sa_ngop said:

So how do you check the item before paying?  Do you keep the delivery person waiting while you unpack the package, check the contents and try out the item? 

I tend not to order much that needs checking - for example my 2 outstanding orders are for A4 files and A4 labels. Electronics I prefer to buy in stores and anything major, the same.

I see your point though, paying for something CoD then finding it's faulty is no different when it comes to returning it or getting a refund. I am guessing the driver wouldn't wait till you checked it and for sure wouldn't be happy if you refused to sign for it. I also prefer CoD to avoid bank transfer payments to numerous vendor accounts. It also has an advantage if your goods simply dont't arrive.

One downside is van drivers, along with every Thai seller of anything, never have change so you need the correct money to pay the driver.

6 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

It works by you giving the delivery man CASH when he DELIVERS it.

And no, you cannot inspect the goods even though you probably get an email asking for a review 10 seconds after the Kerry man has left. If not satisfactory, you must ask Lazada for RMA, send them a photo, and you should get a refund within 5 days. I personally have had a Wallet for several years so that avenue works OK, and then I can withdraw to my bank or use for future purchases, but I do know that these days falangs cannot get a wallet. Do it in the Mrs' name if you can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

I tend not to order much that needs checking - for example my 2 outstanding orders are for A4 files and A4 labels. Electronics I prefer to buy in stores and anything major, the same.

I see your point though, paying for something CoD then finding it's faulty is no different when it comes to returning it or getting a refund. I am guessing the driver wouldn't wait till you checked it and for sure wouldn't be happy if you refused to sign for it. I also prefer CoD to avoid bank transfer payments to numerous vendor accounts. It also has an advantage if your goods simply dont't arrive.

One downside is van drivers, along with every Thai seller of anything, never have change so you need the correct money to pay the driver.

I do not think I have paid bank transfer charges to Lazada vendors when buying by that method. And delivery drivers always seem to have plenty of change, as they have been collecting cash from several previous customers.

4 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

It is no guarantee for anything. You have to pay before you receive it. One day I got an envelope instead of the item. It was easy to see that this was a scam and so I didn't accept it. But it is not always that easy. This is the advantage on eBay. If something goes wrong you can get your money back with some mouse clicks. No emails and calling and begging. For this reason I buy most things there. I never lost 1 Satang there. 

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I do not think I have paid bank transfer charges to Lazada vendors when buying by that method. And delivery drivers always seem to have plenty of change, as they have been collecting cash from several previous customers.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - an alternative to CoD is payment by bank transfer, an option I am not keen on.

You have better van drivers than me ????

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear - an alternative to CoD is payment by bank transfer, an option I am not keen on.

You have better van drivers than me ????

Yes I do know all the methods of paying on Lazada. It's your statement about paying charges when paying by bank transfer I was querying. As you say, not a good method, but some vendors only deal that way, in which case I will find another vendor.

• Like 1

I also used Lazada for a long time without trouble. And recently I had a wrong delivery and it took weeks to sort it out.

As far as I know they don't have a phone number so I chatted with them a couple of time. Always the same questions which I answered already.

And then the same problem with the wallet. At the end they gave me a refund voucher and I used that voucher.

They also gave me a 400B gift voucher for my trouble.

I think it was all sorted after maybe the 5th chat. That guy seemed to know what he was doing and he acted fast.

For anybody with similar problems I recommend: Chat with them a lot and tell them right away you want a voucher.

• Like 1

For some reason Lazada " live chat " has become automated. I am trying to find out why my order has been in there sorting depot in Bangkok for 48 hours .

All I get from chat is automated suggestions that eventually brings me back to square one.