Good Air Compressor brand names

EVENKEEL

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Might get a  little Puma for that.

What are you wanting to use it for?

Just small stuff, air tires and such. Maybe some spray painting. I saw Puma brand for the larger ones but not the smaller ones, I'll look again. Thanks

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just small stuff, air tires and such. Maybe some spray painting. I saw Puma brand for the larger ones but not the smaller ones, I'll look again. Thanks

I think they have some small oil-less units at that price.

Not going to do any big spray-painting with compressor that size, small stuff may be okay....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Careful with the spray painting idea, your going to need some significant CFM for that and with a small compressor it’s going to be running virtually full time, with many of them not able to put out enough. 

I started with a small Puma but needed to upgrade to a 3 cylinder for spraying.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm looking to buy an air compressor in the 4-5,000bht range. Anybody have an opinion on which brand names are reputable. 

I have a similar, older model about this size. Reliable for the jobs you want to do. As others have cautioned, not big enough for painting seriously. 

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm looking to buy an air compressor in the 4-5,000bht range. Anybody have an opinion on which brand names are reputable. 

Just now, ratcatcher said:

I have a similar, older model about this size. Reliable for the jobs you want to do. As others have cautioned, not big enough for painting seriously. 

https://www.globalhouse.co.th/product/detail/2950250002525?gclid=CjwKCAiAtK79BRAIEiwA4OskBpNOjnAnYvUPDOU4fQBz4X49VfwvU53IUdRF7UAJrYAA63ZxeO5f1xoC3OsQAvD_BwE

The Puma listed above may prove a disappointment for painting. It is a very LOUD model. A Puma with a Mitsubishi or Hitachi electric motor will not be under 5000 baht. It will be a much better long term purchase and will run at a reasonable sound level. TEST the air compressor in any store before you spend your money. Bring ear plugs for the Puma series shown above.