New requirements for entry to Cambodia

zzzzz

Before quarantine was for a couple of days and than ur released if NOBODY tested positive.

NOW its 14 days

The Ministry of Health issued an update to the entry requirements yesterday. Ordinary foreign passengers must be quarantined in hotels for 14 days after entering Cambodia. The quarantine fee is $60-$75 per day and during quarantine passengers must pay for Covid-19 tests, meals and transportation.

Additionally passengers must still produce valid health certificates, valid visas obtained from Cambodian embassies and $2,000 deposits. The Ministry of Health will return the remaining part of the $2,000 deposit 3 days after mandatory quarantine ends.

Business people and experts, after being tested in quarantine at their designated hotels, if the test is negative may go to the place previously stated in the business invitation letter.

Cambodian passengers returning from abroad must also be quarantined for 14 days, free of charge at a government facility, but if they wish to be quarantined in a hotel they must pay for the quarantine fee.

The government will start enforcing the new regulations on November 18.

The Ministry of Health has previously issued quarantine regulations and those who violate quarantine measures will be fined up to 1 million Riel (around $250).

The government is taking a number of measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19

After the incident with the Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs multiple people were confirmed infected. The government has taken several measures to prevent the spread of the epidemic:

- The Ministry of Labor requires clothing and footwear factories to adopt more stringent epidemic prevention measures.
- The Ministry of Education has ordered schools in Phnom Penh and Kandal to close for 2 weeks. The other 7 provinces that participated in activities related to the Hungarian Foreign Minister must self-examine whether they should suspend in-person teaching or not.
- KTVs and other entertainment venues are shut down nation wide. Law enforcement officers conduct inspections everywhere.

The requirement that foreign arrivals must be quarantined for 14 days after entry is the latest measure taken to prevent the spread of the epidemic. Since the outbreak in Cambodia until now, inbound passengers have been allowed to quarantine at home.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

After the incident with the Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs multiple people were confirmed infected.

Just in case this didn't appear on anyone's radar.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/04/hungary-s-foreign-minister-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-while-on-state-visit-to-thailand

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-global-trade-health-prayuth-chan-ocha-cambodia-d357e0b309f262947fe9a0bf771559f3

It has been 14 days all along. Believe me, I keep very close tabs on this as I have a pressing need to go there for both work and family reasons.

What has changed is nto the duration but that the option of home quarantine has been removed for "ordinary" travelers. This was expected given the highly publicized incidents of people flouting it and going out and about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:58 PM, Sheryl said:

It has been 14 days all along. Believe me, I keep very close tabs on this as I have a pressing need to go there for both work and family reasons.

What has changed is nto the duration but that the option of home quarantine has been removed for "ordinary" travelers. This was expected given the highly publicized incidents of people flouting it and going out and about.

Hi Sheryl,

I have today downloaded the updated rules from the MFA Cambodia. Section 2 deals with ' General travellers '

Now although I am a UK businessman, for all intent, I come under general traveler. The MFA asks which country I am coming from, not which is my country of birth.

From what I am reading, because my country of departure would be Thailand, where I reside, I can apply now for a general visa to enter Cambodia?

I have been in Thailand since March 17th and my only trip out before that this year was four days in Cambodia March 13-17th.

I am unfazed, aware and qualify for the regulations regarding $2,000 deposit, 14 days quarantine, Covid19 tests. etc. so can I now just roll up at the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok and request an ordinary visa bearing in mind I will have to prove to them all of the requirements they need.

Because before, were they not insisting you had to have a letter of invitation or a job offer to go to?

Edited by Scouse123

Hi Guys,

If a visa is granted and on arrival in Phnom Penn are we told which hotels we are staying in or can we pre book like they can in ASQ hotels in Thailand?

Also, flight wise, is it still via South Korea or are there any better alternatives?

there are no tourist visas  being given, there are no voa's,   Only Ordinary visas and only with a reason;

without a letter of invite for a job or a specific reason, ( ur married and can show license, a history of past extensions, etc ) your not getting into Cambodia now

I think, Not sure you can pre book a hotel

You can transit Seoul or Singapore.  check which is best/cheaper

On 11/26/2020 at 12:53 PM, Scouse123 said:

Hi Sheryl,

I have today downloaded the updated rules from the MFA Cambodia. Section 2 deals with ' General travellers '

Now although I am a UK businessman, for all intent, I come under general traveler. The MFA asks which country I am coming from, not which is my country of birth.

From what I am reading, because my country of departure would be Thailand, where I reside, I can apply now for a general visa to enter Cambodia?

I have been in Thailand since March 17th and my only trip out before that this year was four days in Cambodia March 13-17th.

I am unfazed, aware and qualify for the regulations regarding $2,000 deposit, 14 days quarantine, Covid19 tests. etc. so can I now just roll up at the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok and request an ordinary visa bearing in mind I will have to prove to them all of the requirements they need.

Because before, were they not insisting you had to have a letter of invitation or a job offer to go to?

You do not have to have a letter of invitation or job offer.

visa procedures are no different for residents of Thailand than for anywhere else.  Tourist visas are not being issued, you will have to apply for an "ordinary" visa. Check with the Embassy in Bangkok as to any requirements for that, but I think it is just an application. Though you will have to state a reason (ither than tourism) for the visit.

Note that there are no direct flights between Bangkok and PP, have to route through Singapore or Seoul. I don't think you can enter overland, but double check that with the Embassy.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 11:39 PM, Sheryl said:

You do not have to have a letter of invitation or job offer.

visa procedures are no different for residents of Thailand than for anywhere else.  Tourist visas are not being issued, you will have to apply for an "ordinary" visa. Check with the Embassy in Bangkok as to any requirements for that, but I think it is just an application. Though you will have to state a reason (ither than tourism) for the visit.

Note that there are no direct flights between Bangkok and PP, have to route through Singapore or Seoul. I don't think you can enter overland, but double check that with the Embassy.

I am working on a job offer in Cambodia. I want to end up living there regardless. Let's suppose I get the job and end up working in Cambodia. Do you know or suspect, based on conditions now, if I can get a retirement visa in country if this job doesn't work out? I am a US citizen, 56 and the eventual goal is to simply retire there living off monthly divorce settlement funds. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

apply for a Ordinary visa ( valid for 30 days) at Cambodian embassy
give them a reason u desire one
have $50,000 of insurance,https://forteinsurancebeta.com/covid-19-insurance/

Have covid free test 72 hours before departure,

Have $2,000 deposit

be prepared for a 15 night stay at hotel of THEIR choosing ( i hear some have really bad food)
once ur cleared you can  get a 1 year retirement extension, (over 50)  or a 6 month EG extension (looking for work) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 11:08 AM, Sheryl said:

Yes. At age 56 you can easily get a retirement visa. At this time no financial requirements beyond the visa cost which is around US$300.

Just be sure to come in on an "ordinary" (AKA Business) visa. Which is all that is being currently issued anyhow.

Health care is poor in Cambodia (understatement) and also very expensive, so make sure to have a good expat insurance policy that will cover transported you elsewhere in the region if necessary. Inpatient only policy is OK. Even if you are in great health, vehicular accidents are very, very common in Cambodia including as a pedestrian (about the worst place in the world for this, in fact) so insurance is essential.

I would also suggest waiting till travel restrictions ease, as it is currently difficult to go elsewhere, even Thailand, for medical care. In "normal;" times that is fairly easy, even if unable to fly you can go by road ambulance. But not now.

Waiting will also help you avoid the mandatory quarantine on arrival.

Should note that if you at any point in the 15 days test positive, even if totally asymptomatioc, you will be moved to a Cambodian hospital and quarantined there. The hotel quarantine is far from easy but the hospital version is awful.

Good post, though like in Thailand, the quarantine will probably be lifted initially for travel bubble or "green lane" countries, one by one, before a general reopening happens. This could potentially start to occur around April, starting with China and maybe a couple of other countries in the region. 

I suspect both countries will open more or less around the same time, but as far as travel bubbles are concerned they may limit entry and exit initially to air, before land borders reopen.

I'd recommend that guy waiting at least 6 months, because I don't think Cambodian quarantine regulations will be lifted before then. And that's a bare minimum. 9-10 months from now is more likely. 

• 9 months later...

tourist visa available online

https://evisa.gov.kh
Fee: USD $30 + $6 processing Fee
Validity for use to enter Cambodia: 3 months
Period of Stay granted upon arrival: 30 Days
Application Processing Time: 3 Days
Quarantine:
- Must have a pre-booked ASQ hotel to apply (no deposit on arrival)
- 7 days if fully vaccinated
- 14 days if not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated
Must have:
- Forte COVID-19 Insurance Policy
https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19-insurance
- Vaccination Card/Certificate if fully vaccinated

• Sad 1

Based on the above information alone, there is scant difference between the T visa and E visa. They both let you stay 30 days. Yet the E visa looks much more difficult to acquire. I'm guessing the E visa has better renewal options?

And what about that $2000 USD deposit they were asking for before? Have they done away with that yet?

• 1 month later...

I am only presenting info I found on the 

Kingdom of Cambodia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

Must provide Legitimate certificate or fully Covid-19 vaccination card

Legitimate certificate of negative COVID-19 (PCR Test) for 72 hours prior departure to Cambodia from its respective country.

Take Covid-19 (Rapid Test) upon arrival and need to wait between 15 - 20 minutes for results. (Not sure if you pay for this test)
If the result shown negative Covid-19, they are free to travel throughout Cambodia without regional restriction, provinces, cities, and quarantine.

International Tourist and travelers who have not been vaccinated and traveling to Cambodia must take (PCR Test) upon arrival and undertake quarantine
of 14 days.

For the fully Covid-19 vaccinated travelers who are currently in quarantine, centers, hotels, and homes, that have proven negative Covid-19, they are permitted to leave as of November 15th, 2021 onward.

As always I would contact the Embassy or proper agency to verify all the requirements for entry.
The document does Not list if Insurance is a requirement or if funds of a predetermined amount are required for entry.

Overstays: is Cambodia still loosey-goosey ($10 fee per day?) or is it a headache now if you stay 5-7 days beyond when you are supposed to leave the country?

The reason I ask is I have an appointment with a colleague to associate until February 21 in Cambodia, but in my experience visas are good only for 28 days. This means that with one extension I shouldn't arrive in Cambodia before Dec. 28.

But I am both bored and can't afford Thailand, so am itching to get out of here.

Edited by World Traveller2

13 hours ago, World Traveller2 said:

Overstays: is Cambodia still loosey-goosey ($10 fee per day?) or is it a headache now if you stay 5-7 days beyond when you are supposed to leave the country?

The reason I ask is I have an appointment with a colleague to associate until February 21 in Cambodia, but in my experience visas are good only for 28 days. This means that with one extension I shouldn't arrive in Cambodia before Dec. 28.

But I am both bored and can't afford Thailand, so am itching to get out of here.

$10/day  NO LIMIT ( unlike Thailand set at 20,000 baht)
1 month extension apx $40

You  can't afford thailand!!!! <deleted>

You do understand Cambodia is NOT cheaper than thailand<
i can eat better, cheaper in Phuket than anywhere in Cambodia,  Ok you can drink alcohol  cheaper if thats ur thing> decent aircon accommodations run $15-25/night  but its no value like thailand

On 12/17/2021 at 10:17 AM, zzzzz said:

$10/day  NO LIMIT ( unlike Thailand set at 20,000 baht)
1 month extension apx $40

You  can't afford thailand!!!! <deleted>

You do understand Cambodia is NOT cheaper than thailand<
i can eat better, cheaper in Phuket than anywhere in Cambodia,  Ok you can drink alcohol  cheaper if thats ur thing> decent aircon accommodations run $15-25/night  but its no value like thailand

International Living magazine touts Cambodia as now being the cheapest retirement destination in Asia. Well ahead of Thailand.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, J Branche said:

I am only presenting info I found on the 

Kingdom of Cambodia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

Must provide Legitimate certificate or fully Covid-19 vaccination card

Legitimate certificate of negative COVID-19 (PCR Test) for 72 hours prior departure to Cambodia from its respective country.

Take Covid-19 (Rapid Test) upon arrival and need to wait between 15 - 20 minutes for results. (Not sure if you pay for this test)
If the result shown negative Covid-19, they are free to travel throughout Cambodia without regional restriction, provinces, cities, and quarantine.

International Tourist and travelers who have not been vaccinated and traveling to Cambodia must take (PCR Test) upon arrival and undertake quarantine
of 14 days.

For the fully Covid-19 vaccinated travelers who are currently in quarantine, centers, hotels, and homes, that have proven negative Covid-19, they are permitted to leave as of November 15th, 2021 onward.

As always I would contact the Embassy or proper agency to verify all the requirements for entry.
The document does Not list if Insurance is a requirement or if funds of a predetermined amount are required for entry.

You can't be serious. Cambodia Embassy in Bangkok does not pick up the phone.

On 12/26/2021 at 2:30 PM, World Traveller2 said:

Where is the thread for COVID-related questions and comments as they pertain to Cambodia entry from Thailand?

And why are so many threads archived (closed for discussion)?

entry from Thailand, ( unless ur cambodian) is the same as entry from the UK, Australia or Peru

Need visa in advance ( online or via embassy) need negative covid test 72 hours before arrival,  take pcr test on arrival, wait for result and hope its not positive

International Living magazine touts Cambodia as now being the cheapest retirement destination in Asia. Well ahead of Thailand.

fake news> 
lived in phuket for 34 years and have moved to kep.  EXCEPT for alcohol 90% of things are more expensive, not as many available goods and quality is less

Phnom Pehn has more choices, but it is not cheaper..

Edited by zzzzz

Okay, good.thanx

So only Cambo Visa + Certificate of Vaccination + 72 hr Covid Test are required? Did you make E-visa or applied to Embassy? what's the overall situation when entering Cambodia?

(soon I'm going there, too :((

Traveller to Cambodia must have "Legitimate certificate or fully COVID-19 vaccination card"... what does that mean exactly? How to get it in Thailand? After the second shot I was given a piece of paper in English - is that what is needed?