Notify SSA-Manila re change of address

Just wanted to get a heads-up on notifying SSA (Manila) of my new address. Is there any form especially for change of address that I can download and send in or I simply include the new address in an email to notify them of the change? Thank you in advance for any input/advice. 

4 hours ago, watthong said:

Just wanted to get a heads-up on notifying SSA (Manila) of my new address. Is there any form especially for change of address that I can download and send in or I simply include the new address in an email to notify them of the change? Thank you in advance for any input/advice. 

When I changed my address with them, I simply put it in an email to them. No problems and was changed rather fast.

11 minutes ago, racyrick said:

When I changed my address with them, I simply put it in an email to them. No problems and was changed rather fast.

Thanks for the info. Just wanting to follow your successful example, what do I need to include in the email: name, dob, soc sec #, and the new address? anything else? Also did they reply affirmatively that the change has been made, or simply that they received your notification to them? Thanks for the reply.

17 hours ago, watthong said:

Thanks for the info. Just wanting to follow your successful example, what do I need to include in the email: name, dob, soc sec #, and the new address? anything else? Also did they reply affirmatively that the change has been made, or simply that they received your notification to them? Thanks for the reply.

Just give your name, dob, ss# I think just the last 4 digits, old address and the new address.

They replied and confirmed that the address has been changed.

Hope you have no issues and get a quick reply as well.

• Thanks 1

You can do it via email....I did it a year or so ago by email to Manila for the wife and me.   I just said my current address on file is so-in-so....please change/update it to my new address.   And of course I included personal info such as full name, SSN, etc., to clearly identify myself.

Just be sure you clearly state what your want the address changed to and be sure to include at least the info below in your email "just to identify yourself." 

Below is a partial cut and paste from a Manila automatic email response which is identification info Manila wants to ensure you are who you say you are in your email request.  They need to be sure you are really you otherwise you may not get a response from them.

When you send your email you will get an automatic response within a few minutes saying your email was received.  That auto response will include the info below...and also an estimate as to when they will reply.  Several months ago their automated response said they typically respond with 5 business days "COVID" situation permitting.  

******Partial quote from Manila SSO Automated Email  Response******

To assist us in answering your inquiry, we may request additional information from you. Providing this information is optional; however, we may not be able to assist you without the following information:

·         Last Name:

·         First Name:

·         Date of Birth:

·         Place of Birth:

·         Last four digits of Social Security Number (SSN):

·         Address:

·         Contact Number:

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update - Mission accomplished. Thank you all for input and advice, much appreciated.

Email sent Nov 25, confirmation received Nov 30 as follows:

Thank you for contacting the Social Security Administration's Federal Benefits Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Thank you for reporting your change of address.  We have updated our records with your new address.  If your address or contact information changes in the future, please make sure to let us know.

• Like 1