Ex-beauty queen wife of Thammanat handed govt job by PM

webfact

"Thammanat had earlier claimed ..... <trunctuated> ... he had no idea she had been offered the job until he saw her name on the list of new staff appointments.

Well, it seems that the ministerial flour trader and his Missus are not talking a lot to each other  lately, me thinks. But nepotism, naaaahhhh, who would think so negative; sometimes luck just strikes in Galaländ ????

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Favoritism as usual, must be needing some eye-candy to bring in more donations to his personal coffers, and keep her from turning against him when her husband gets his comeuppance.  Other than being a beauty queen what experience does she have.....

I don't see why anyone would be upset.  It's the same all over the world.  It's not what you know-it's who.  She might even be qualified.

19 hours ago, mark131v said:

Nope, it's not prompted questions but it has confirmed any suspicions, whole lot of them are bent as a ten bob note, appalling yes, surprising no...

I can remember having a "ten bob note" they're real, a nine bob note however was dodgy !

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Favoritism as usual, must be needing some eye-candy to bring in more donations to his personal coffers, and keep her from turning against him when her husband gets his comeuppance.  Other than being a beauty queen what experience does she have.....

The same as the unelected "PM" and the rest of his soldiers. none at all, all their experience at anything is on the parade ground, not trying to run a country.

As I had said before, I hope the Thai people young and old do all the protests that are needed if any other tinpots like this unelected "PM" try to bully their way in and try to take over a properly elected government in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

A building full.of old men. What a loving husband. LOL only in Thailand do you get employed based on pictures and licking quality 

The job could have been purchased as they quite often are. Would have cost hubby a baht or three but it brings in a fat new income. Good investment and easy job. Just catwalk around carrying papers and looking the part. 

3 hours ago, Rubble said:

I am not so sure it is nepotism. If it is Prayut making this decision then I suspect it has more to do with ass protection armoury. Thammanat is a vital cog in the wheel of winning elections for the PPRP. He is Prayut's numbers man and ballot box fixer. He is often lurking in the shadows of polling booths. Like he was  at the recent Samut Prakan by-election which the PPRP handsomely won. Also it wouldn't surprise anyone if he knows more than he should about cerain individuals and needs to be kept happy. The appointment of his wife and another income should put a smile on his face. And why otherwise would a convicted crimal who has spend jail time dealing drugs be made a deputy minister? 

Yes a germ 

3 hours ago, Rubble said:

I am not so sure it is nepotism. If it is Prayut making this decision then I suspect it has more to do with ass protection armoury. Thammanat is a vital cog in the wheel of winning elections for the PPRP. He is Prayut's numbers man and ballot box fixer. He is often lurking in the shadows of polling booths. Like he was  at the recent Samut Prakan by-election which the PPRP handsomely won. Also it wouldn't surprise anyone if he knows more than he should about cerain individuals and needs to be kept happy. The appointment of his wife and another income should put a smile on his face. And why otherwise would a convicted crimal who has spend jail time dealing drugs be made a deputy minister? 

Correct, 'the Doctor' as he is known (even with a fake PHD from California University) is an old style gangster 'fixer' and surrounds himself with heavies for personal protection.

• Like 1

i have a daughter she finish university about 3 years a go if she want  good job she must go for test and maybe 2000 person go for test and they need only 5 person so if you dont paid for a job around some job 200.000 and more you cant get it i dont think so she dont pass a test  for that position:-))