Qatar Airways to reinstate flights to Phuket

webfact

Qatar Airways to reinstate flights to Phuket

By The Phuket News

1605170429_1-org.jpg

Photo: Qatar Airways

PHUKET: Qatar Airways has announced that it will resume two weekly Phuket-Doha flights beginning Dec 4. The airline hopes to increase the service to seven weekly flights from Dec 10, depending on Thai government approval.

Qatar Airways currently operates 14 weekly Bangkok-Doha flights, 

Services to the island will be operated by Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, offering 42 flatbed seats in Business Class, and 312 seats in Economy Class, said a release announcing the resumed service.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/qatar-airways-to-reinstate-flights-to-phuket-77960.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-12

• Like 2

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

I there anyone out there who can explain the logic behind this? If so please do so as I for one haven't a clue why they would do this at the moment.

Actually, i don't think that there's a Thai language equivalent to the word 'logic' not in their vocabulary i think... much less knowing how to use logic...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:
19 hours ago, madmitch said:

I there anyone out there who can explain the logic behind this? If so please do so as I for one haven't a clue why they would do this at the moment.

Actually, i don't think that there's a Thai language equivalent to the word 'logic' not in their vocabulary i think... much less knowing how to use logic.

Seems to be the same in your native language, because Qatar isn't Thai, and it are not the Thais who make the decision for the flights

• Confused 1

On 11/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, madmitch said:

As there are now quarantine hotels in Phuket maybe they will do the same as for the Bangkok passengers.

I understood form the Thai embassy that you don't have to use the special repatriation flights anymore in the near future to go to Thailand but can use any commercial flight as long you have the COQ and the quarantine hotel organized same as now. ( I'm still trying to get this confirmed )

On 11/12/2020 at 3:56 PM, webfact said:

it will resume two weekly Phuket-Doha flights beginning Dec 4. The airline hopes to increase the service to seven weekly flights from Dec 10,

Does this mean one flight on 4th, one flight on 7th, and then daily from 10th?

24 minutes ago, merijn said:

As there are now quarantine hotels in Phuket maybe they will do the same as for the Bangkok passengers.

I understood form the Thai embassy that you don't have to use the special repatriation flights anymore in the near future to go to Thailand but can use any commercial flight as long you have the COQ and the quarantine hotel organized same as now. ( I'm still trying to get this confirmed )

let us know if thats confirmed

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:07 AM, madmitch said:

Like you, I wondered why they were doing this.

Perhaps they are running "ghost flights" so that they can claim landing/departure slots at Phuket Airport. It may be that Phuket Airport are offering slots on a "first come first served" basis to international flights.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, stuarty said:

let us know if thats confirmed

The Thai embassy in the Netherlands confirmed that no special repatriation flights are required any more and they have a list of airlines flying to Thailand and which can be used. 

• Like 1