New M1 macbook pro. When will it be available in Thailand?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that Apple is a middle man. Yes the Apple silicone is, or is going, to be very very much better than intel 

I would suggest checking out some of the YouTube tech reviewers. The new chips are incredible.   I went from a Mac Air to a Windows laptop about 3 years ago and it was fine. I am not platfor

Probably but all the benchmark videos I've seen show the M1 performs better, runs quieter & has a better battery life...     Guess you're paying for the Intel name 😄   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bbabythai said:

I read about the new M1 MCBpro laptop. 

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/a-new-era-as-apple-launches-mac-computers-with-m1-processor-20201111-p56dfi.html

When does Thailand normally get the new models? 

Or can one assume that its available everywhere when buying online?

Around 1~2 months after the release to the main markets, online availability is the same, you don’t get them any faster buying online. FWIW the iPad Air 4 is still not available.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
On 11/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, troubletribbles said:

This drives me crazy.... I figured that now that there were (2) official Apple stores in Bangkok they would have more reasonable release dates. It is out in Singapore as of yesterday (same as US.)

The Thai online store, Apple owned stores and Apple authorised retailers all have the same availability to order or buy and on the same day the only difference is that you may find that a particular outlet has not sold all the available product.

Singapore is not Thailand the different countries have different availability, Thailand is one of the later ones.

19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The Thai online store, Apple owned stores and Apple authorised retailers all have the same availability to order or buy and on the same day the only difference is that you may find that a particular outlet has not sold all the available product.

Singapore is not Thailand the different countries have different availability, Thailand is one of the later ones.

are you saying hte new M1 mbp is selling in singapore already? what about bangkok?

3 hours ago, bbabythai said:

are you saying hte new M1 mbp is selling in singapore already? what about bangkok?

I am saying nothing about sales of the new MacBooks nor yet am I saying anything about availability in Singapore.

if you go back you will see that I made the point that release in Thailand is simultaneous in all outlets and that different countries have different release dates.

If an outlet sells out others may have stock.

for availability just check the Apple store.

It's available to order on Expansys Thailand site https://www.expansys.in.th/apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-mydc2-2020-m1-16gb-ram-512gb-silver-329264/

It's listed as "Ordered On Request", when I used to use Expansys in Singapore products came from Hong Kong (that's where they're based) so if it's out there they should be able to ship it to you in a couple of days on top of what it takes them to get it from Apple in HK.... 

Could try emailing them to ask [email protected]

https://www.expansys.in.th/contact-us/ 

Edited by Mike Teavee

For anyone waiting to buy an M1 mac - when they do become available DO NOT BUY FROM RESELLERS STUDIO 7/iSTUDIO.

They don't honour Apple's warranty so their receipt is basically worthless. You may as well buy from one of the cheap IT malls where most everything is a counterfeit product. They try to look like a legit outfit as if they're somehow affiliated with Apple - they're not. Only order from the official Apple store. There is no saving to be made buying from the iStudio cowboys anyway - just a big headache if something goes wrong.

14 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

For anyone waiting to buy an M1 mac - when they do become available DO NOT BUY FROM RESELLERS STUDIO 7/iSTUDIO.

They don't honour Apple's warranty so their receipt is basically worthless. You may as well buy from one of the cheap IT malls where most everything is a counterfeit product. They try to look like a legit outfit as if they're somehow affiliated with Apple - they're not. Only order from the official Apple store. There is no saving to be made buying from the iStudio cowboys anyway - just a big headache if something goes wrong.

That's a bunch of nonsense. I bought product from iStudio, an iPad. Had a problem that they determined was a hardware failure. iStudio quickly without issue replaced the product.

The only issue with buying from iStudio is they only have pre configured product. If you want more storage or more ram you need to buy from Apple online.. Which I highly recommend.

18 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

It's available to order on Expansys Thailand site https://www.expansys.in.th/apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-mydc2-2020-m1-16gb-ram-512gb-silver-329264/

It's listed as "Ordered On Request", when I used to use Expansys in Singapore products came from Hong Kong (that's where they're based) so if it's out there they should be able to ship it to you in a couple of days on top of what it takes them to get it from Apple in HK.... 

Could try emailing them to ask [email protected]

https://www.expansys.in.th/contact-us/ 

It is also available, more importantly customisable, on the Thai Apple online store 

If it's any help (noting that the first item above was based on an SMH article): I noticed a few days ago, checking the M1 range on the Thai Apple website, that - at approximate current xrates - the prices advertised are somewhat cheaper than the same products advertised on the Australian Apple site.

49 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It is also available, more importantly customisable, on the Thai Apple online store 

EDIT: Although it mentions the M1 chipset on the front page, when you go through to customise your Macbook Pro, you can only choose 1 of 2 Intel chipsets... 

image.png.6b2fe61da09571a2f1ab6f8b766bd076.png

I love my Macbook Pro (have had it 6.5 years) but the screen is starting to go in the corners & I need to change the keyboard again, have had it swapped out 3 times in 9 months (I paid for the replacement of the original keyboard as the machine was 5 years old & had to take it back to have it redone twice under warranty) & it's gone again (now out of warranty) so I'll try DR Macbook on Soi 33

But if I had to swap it out today, I would want to see how the Macbook Pro stacks up against something like this ASUS (Or more how the M1 stacks up against the Ryzen 9)... https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/42148/24/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--ASUS-ROG-ZEPHYRUS-G14-GA401IV-HA112TS--ANIME-MATRIX---ECLIPSE-GRAY-

Edited by Mike Teavee
1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

EDIT: Although it mentions the M1 chipset on the front page, when you go through to customise your Macbook Pro, you can only choose 1 of 2 Intel chipsets... 

image.png.6b2fe61da09571a2f1ab6f8b766bd076.png

I love my Macbook Pro (have had it 6.5 years) but the screen is starting to go in the corners & I need to change the keyboard again, have had it swapped out 3 times in 9 months (I paid for the replacement of the original keyboard as the machine was 5 years old & had to take it back to have it redone twice under warranty) & it's gone again (now out of warranty) so I'll try DR Macbook on Soi 33

But if I had to swap it out today, I would want to see how the Macbook Pro stacks up against something like this ASUS (Or more how the M1 stacks up against the Ryzen 9)... https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/42148/24/NOTEBOOK--โน้ตบุ๊ค--ASUS-ROG-ZEPHYRUS-G14-GA401IV-HA112TS--ANIME-MATRIX---ECLIPSE-GRAY-

You are missing your apple f*u

here is the proof of availability87E26B11-A565-495D-8314-4380A765AE90.thumb.png.b0b132f94825471058d4525406927ab2.png972C381C-BD29-4FD7-B931-1865A52A44DC.thumb.png.a10abf73b7f4e038e1fd0819b5432b6a.png on the Thai apple store 

Note that it’s not available in the store but will take about a week to arrive to you.