Refund from THAI Airways

Krabi King

Something happened here that makes me, unwillingly, think about intentions and "Thai before foreigners", as we see more often unfortunately.

About 6 weeks ago I filed for refunds with THAI Aiways for cancelled flights from July. This refund was already confirmed before the bankruptcy. So now there was a special website and process to still apply for refunds after this bankruptcy situation. 

Good news is I received a voucher... but only for my (Thai) wife! Both tickets were on the same booking though. 

Please do not make me think that Thais will be refunded first and maybe after that foreigners ????????, THAI Airways! That would be extremely inappropriate and whatever else comes to mind... especially for an international airline/company.

Of course I have sent them a message...no reply yet...

Mindboggling this...

6 hours ago, mr mr said:

they have some wonderful deals on bowls and cups you may be interested in for compensation ? shoot them an email see how many bowls they will give you for your refund.

I'd prefer some paa tong goo in the morning, with my coffee :)

4 hours ago, andy said:

A voucher for a bankrupt debt-ridden airline that is currently trying to sell off their planes...people need to accept that their money is gone.

They actually still offer to convert the voucher into cash

7 hours ago, Krabi King said:

Something happened here that makes me, unwillingly, think about intentions and "Thai before foreigners", as we see more often unfortunately.

About 6 weeks ago I filed for refunds with THAI Aiways for cancelled flights from July. This refund was already confirmed before the bankruptcy. So now there was a special website and process to still apply for refunds after this bankruptcy situation. 

Good news is I received a voucher... but only for my (Thai) wife! Both tickets were on the same booking though. 

Please do not make me think that Thais will be refunded first and maybe after that foreigners ????????, THAI Airways! That would be extremely inappropriate and whatever else comes to mind... especially for an international airline/company.

Of course I have sent them a message...no reply yet...

Mindboggling this...

A  Voucher.......? Is  that  REFUND?

I lost a ticket too, $600. I have written it off and gotten on with life.

Will never book with them again though - they were <deleted> towards the end anyway. Old, sour service staff.

And with cost cutting going on there, maintenance of aircraft is propably suffering - no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vouchers need to be used within 2 years I believe, and there is a good chance there won't be much international travel by then. So instead of asking for vouchers for our 4 tickets to Europe, we asked for a refund. Sure we wont get our money back, but maybe just a part of it. It wasn't much anyways as we paid for the tickets by miles, and we cannot get those refunded.

17 hours ago, andy said:

A voucher for a bankrupt debt-ridden airline that is currently trying to sell off their planes...people need to accept that their money is gone.

Nonsense in my opinion.. As long as the dice is rolling.. - The cards are given.. and looser has admitted quilt. Game is on indeed.

They have already accepted his claim... Im not saying he gets it.. But.. putting the head in the sand aint brave enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I had a ticket with Vietnam Airlines booked through their website from Bangkok to Ho Chi Ming return. Realised that I would not be able to use it by March next year and asked for a refund. All money minus the US$ 20 cancellation fee was returned within 3 days. Excellent service from both the Bangkok and Hanoi offices of Vietnam Airlines. 

3 hours ago, iaminwa said:

I lost a ticket too, $600. I have written it off and gotten on with life.

Will never book with them again though - they were <deleted> towards the end anyway. Old, sour service staff.

And with cost cutting going on there, maintenance of aircraft is propably suffering - no thanks.

You can claim your money back on this site  - http://www.led.go.th/tgreorg/index.asp?lang=en

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paahlman said:

Nonsense in my opinion.. As long as the dice is rolling.. - The cards are given.. and looser has admitted quilt. Game is on indeed.

They have already accepted his claim... Im not saying he gets it.. But.. putting the head in the sand aint brave enough.

I'm waiting sinds March for 2 tickets, I don't believe I'll get my money back, but also for me NEVER Thai again!

I have an ticket for BKK - CTS. I didn't ask for refund or voucher. I just had them extend the validity of ticket until December 2022. When both Thailand and Japan open their borders, my ticket is always ready to be used anytime or make changes. And when you buy a new ticket with any airlines in the future, except you'll be paying higher price than you had paid for previous flight. 

21 hours ago, flipper2222222 said:

I haven't written my $$ off,  I am happy with the offer of rebooking on the same flight number\path in the future , 

I guess we have to wait till they actually start flying to get the opportunity to rebook, not answering phones or emails in Australia ATM

Do you know the song : In the year 2525 ????? lol