Thailand seizes nearly $1 billion worth of ketamine

webfact

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

I would imagine that just about any country where it's produced would be aware of that large a quantity leaving the factory, considering that a typical dose is measured in milligrams. 

You really think a criminal ordered 11 tonnes of ketamine from a legit medical company?

When you <deleted> test random pedestrians and taxi cars in Thong lor,  Krung Thep - > what do you expect?

For those of you who aren't in on the game:

Ketamine isn't detected in the police urine test kits.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"The drug is not popular in Thailand, and is mostly sold abroad

Not popular because police test kits only detect meth coke and weed. (mdma is meth, from a technical standpoint)

Therefore, it's popularity grew in Thailand over the years - even bar girls are choosing it over yaba nowadays.

Additionally, the photos show big bags of powder, it's false!

Ketamine is transported in liquid hydrochloride form, in glass vials.

image.png.6aafafbbdb22c82792dfa7e93989f47b.png

(Hence why people "cook" it on candles, microwave and out in the sun)

As the liquid boils and evaporates, white crystals remain, that are crushed, and later snorted.

Unlike Coke, Meth and MDMA which aren't clean and usually cut.

Ketamine is the cleanest, purest lab synthesized kind of drug.

Still wouldn't recommend anyone to get hooked on it.  The side effects aren't a pretty sight.

Edited by noone223
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Is this the same as PCP aka Angel Dust.

edit-

Ketamine was first developed for medical uses, just like PCP. However, it was quickly determined that PCP was far too dangerous, so Ketamine was developed as an alternative – it was originally used as an anesthetic during surgical procedures. The two drugs are structured very similarly, and they cause similar effects. Recreational use of either drug is likely to cause the following side effects:

• Feelings of detachment.
  • Slurring of speech and an inability to form complete sentences.
  • Severe mood swings, usually marked by extreme agitation.
  • Involuntary twitching of the muscles (and involuntary movements of the eyes).
  • Hallucinations.
  • Anxiety and panic attacks.
  • Violent behaviors.
  • Profuse sweating.
  • Shallow breathing and respiratory depression.

Sounds familiar and I thought he was just a nutter...........

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

surprised it isn't 'a thing' over here

does Cambodia still sell it in pharmacies?

For reference (from Backpacking in Cambodia 2020):-

By far the most commonly used drugs for travellers backpacking Cambodia is pharmaceuticals. You can buy ketamine over the counter if you’re a local, but it’s illegal for foreigners. Valium is a cheap, common drug among travellers backpacking Cambodia. Travellers wanting a similar effect of speed purchase Ritalin over the counter from dodgy pharmacies.

Be careful before diving into the pharmaceutical scene, it can be very dangerous and easy to turn your recreational use into an addiction, due to its ease of access. Don’t carry any form of drugs on you. Otherwise you could end up broke trying to bribe your way out of prison.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Very powerful stuff. I took it once many years ago in London, didn't know anything about it, but was warned don't drink any alcohol. Had half a pint to wash it down. Instant blackout of self awareness, became self aware again the next day on a flight to Channel islands, had no memory of why I was on the plane, no cash on me, no luggage, ended up in a police cell and got deported back to the UK. Walking down the street back in London some people called out to me asking if I enjoyed the party, no memory of meeting them - never took it again - scary stuff.

Wow ... quite a trip ...

It could have been worse ... if you woke up in the morning in a strange bed , you don't remember anything , and the woman who sleeps on the other side of the bed is a nightmare ... ( I know what I am talking about ...)

• Like 1