One of my first dates in BKK was with a lovely, older, professional lady. When the bill came, I was like, "Oh, X amount, not too bad. Here, I got Y amount". (Where Y was half, I don't remember the amount.)

I wasn't sure what would happen. But there was no problem, she immediately came out with the other half. I didn't expect that to work with the younger ladies, and their less lucrative careers.

• Like 1

On my first (and subsequent dates) my Bangkok lady insisted on paying...you are my guest she would say...got stung for a few thousand baht though a couple of years later :clap2:

50/50 is fair :thumbsup:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ezzra said:

Is this the dear Abby column?... 

•  
  • In a way, yes it is.   This  section of the forum is specifically titled   " Ladies in Thailand "

The Topics sidebar on the right never mentions the section of the forum the post is in and it's easy to forget to check. At least that's how I got here.

With only one post , the OP is probably looking elsewhere for female to female advice.........

Edited by Seth1a2a
  • Haha 1

It very much depends on both of your personalities and backgrounds. My husband of 10 years who is Thai initially paid for the first few dates, they were not very expensive dates, but the gesture was appreciated. 

ps. You might want to find out about joining the private women's board on TV forum for future relationship questions etc.