Thanom Kittikachorn

john b good

Bangkok Post Thursday 17 June 2004.......

THANOM KITTIKACHORN

Former strongman dies, 93

Former prime minister Thanom Kittikachorn died at Bangkok Hospital at 9.45pm yesterday, aged 93.

He was admitted to the hospital in January after suffering a severe headache and underwent brain surgery.

Field Marshal Thanom headed a military government when pro-democracy campaigners rose against his dictatorial rule in October 1973. The uprising forced him and his family into exile abroad.

He went into the monkhood and returned to Thailand in 1976, triggering a student protest that ended with a bloody military crackdown on protesters on Oct 6, 1976.

This confirms my opinion that "only the good die young" as Kittikachorn could never be described as good.

Could he??

The nice chap responsible for the mass killings in Bangkok in May 1992 still walks the streets of Bangkok and lives extremely well. I thought someone would have shot him long ago.

Once a year he is on overseas leave. Always in May. Any co-incidence here?

The nice chap responsible for the mass killings in Bangkok in May 1992 still walks the streets of Bangkok and lives extremely well. I thought someone would have shot him long ago.

Once a year he is on overseas leave. Always in May. Any co-incidence here?

Yes he and his family are always (it is said) out of Thailand during the period in May that coincides with his murderous act.

Still whenever I see him you would think he is a saint with no blood on his hands.

:o