Government to tighten crackdown on vehicles causing pollution

webfact

Black  exhaust   just   worn  rings in old motors 

No  more  pollution  that an exhaust  from a  new  car really  

It is the  exhaust gas  that  makes the pollution not the  black  carbon

Just looks  bad and get  all over  everything it settles on  

Cut  Thailand  vehicles  to  half   only way to reduce pollution  in such a small  country 

Thailand  will never  stop pollution even if every  black  smoke  breathing beast was off the road  

Good Luck Thailand

Test the vehicles, if they fail, remove the starting mechanism, tow vehicle for repairs, owner pays for repair and ccan then retieve vehicle if in their local region, only have to do that few months soon fix the problem I reckon. If owner cannot does not pay for repairs then vehicle forfeited.

• Thanks 1

I see, fine people for driving polluting vehicles, but don't put the vehicles off the road until they are either fixed or scrapped. That'll work - not.

About a year ago, I was in Malaysia on holiday for two weeks. During that time, I did not see a single vehicle on the roads emitting smoke. It is possible, with will.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

in a year .. that says they don't take it seriously .. so it'll be more talk , talk with no appreciable inroads made into the problem ..

What do you expect? When they have it seriously, about 40% of the whole fleet comes to a standstill.

• Like 1

This governement is pretty serious about tackling environmental problems and polution.

Thai ppl also are becoming more aware about polution and fully support these type of new rules.

This years ban on plastic bags is such a new anti polution law that shows the goverment is serious about it, and, perhaps more important, that busineses and Thai ppl fully support it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

This governement is pretty serious about tackling environmental problems and polution.

Thai ppl also are becoming more aware about polution and fully support these type of new rules.

This years ban on plastic bags is such a new anti polution law that shows the goverment is serious about it, and, perhaps more important, that busineses and Thai ppl fully support it.

Have you been outside lately ?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Have you been outside lately ?

yes, al the time. I have a busines mainly 99% Thai customers, i follow what this governemt does, i talk and listen to Thai ppl.

How about you? Have you been "outside" lately? or are you just echochambering the usual cynical farang online sentiments?

(fingers crossed, hope i wont be banned from TV again, for disagreeing with another negative farang.)

18 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

yes, al the time. I have a busines mainly 99% Thai customers, i follow what this governemt does, i talk and listen to Thai ppl.

How about you? Have you been "outside" lately? or are you just echochambering the usual cynical farang online sentiments?

(fingers crossed, hope i wont be banned from TV again, for disagreeing with another negative farang.)

Ahhhh ...  so you talk and listen with your eyes closed ... you must not see plumes of black smoke coming from the majority of pick-ups, motorcylces and nearly all of the HGVs and buses then. 

EDIT ... removed sarcastic comment ... not applicable  

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Ahhhh ...  so you talk and listen with your eyes closed ... you must not see plumes of black smoke coming from the majority of pick-ups, motorcylces and nearly all of the HGVs and buses then. 

Blue smoke for a change from age old two stroke motorbikes.

Last servicing in the early 2000s.

Some people really dream like this publicity stunt of "no plastic bags".

At the same time still trillions of foam boxes, most water in one way PET bottles.

Drinks served in plastic cups with a plastic "hanger" (bag with handles) plus straw of course.

I suggest a visit to a school yard Friday afternoon. Piles of garbage.

• Thanks 2

I think the thai standard for deisels is Euro 3 which is without the partical collection systems you get on euro 4 and above. Thus all these vechicals are designed to pump out the particals and smoke. Euro 3 does have egr gas recirculation in an attempt to burn off some of this but its only partly successful.

Even if its now Euro 4 or above (please correct me if i am wrong) there are still lots of euro 3 vechicals that are not end of life or at a stage where thais will scrap them. So they are mostly complient with the rules inplace when they were new?

Edited by MaiChai

3 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

Euro 3 does have egr gas recirculation in an attempt to burn off some of this but its only partly successful.

I would be happy if all trucks would fulfill Euro 3.

But this is really about the black fumes that block your sight, darken whole stretches of road.

Totally neglected vehicles.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:38 PM, Golden Triangle said:

But they tell us this every year, and every year buggar all is done, don't fine them, scrap the bloody vehicles, that'll stop them, these clowns think it's great & even macho to leave a trail of black smoke behind them. ????????????

Yes, I'm sure that this plan has been mentioned before! ???? Maybe last year, or was it the year before?

One tends to lose track of these brainwaves - "tighten the crackdown"? What crackdown?

• Like 1