Best airlines for flight from Bangkok to Houston?

phungo

I heard on this forum that Air Canada is bad and has weak covid precautions.

I heard that Korean Air is good but prices are 50% higher which is about $1400 more for a family of 4.

Any other airlines for us to consider?

For one stop flights between BKK and IAH the choices are Qatar, EVA and ANA.  Some are combinations of airlines but those are the three that arrive in Houston even if the first leg might be on another airline partner.  Also united flies to/from Tokyo so could link with another airline for the TKO-BKK leg. 

• Like 1

having flown several airlines - including KE, NH and BR (two of which offer IAH service) during these C-19 times, O honestly can’t really say that one or more is materially better, or worse, than the others...  i DO think that a fair percentage of the whole safety-protocols falls to the individual passengers (ie do you wear a mask?, do you avoid crowding? etc) and isn’t really something the individual airlines have massive controls over... 

As such, i don’t know that I’d call either QR, BR, NH much better .. or worse... than others - with respect to C19 protocols.  Right now as the whole airport and onboard C19 protocols are getting to be more consistent, I would be comfortable with any of them. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, new2here said:

having flown several airlines - including KE, NH and BR (two of which offer IAH service) during these C-19 times, O honestly can’t really say that one or more is materially better, or worse, than the others...  i DO think that a fair percentage of the whole safety-protocols falls to the individual passengers (ie do you wear a mask?, do you avoid crowding? etc) and isn’t really something the individual airlines have massive controls over... 

As such, i don’t know that I’d call either QR, BR, NH much better .. or worse... than others - with respect to C19 protocols.  Right now as the whole airport and onboard C19 protocols are getting to be more consistent, I would be comfortable with any of them. 

I guess an opening question on that issue would be, for those passengers in economy class, are any of those individual airlines practicing any kind of social distancing in seat assignments (i.e.) leaving the middle seat in a 3-seat section empty?

On 11/13/2020 at 5:02 PM, beachproperty said:

Qatar is good. Travel through the middle east.

I saw some flights via Qatar and Emirates and I'm just scared of middle east accidents. I'm probably brainwashed by US news but I can't help but think that Qatar and Emirates have a higher chance of accidents due to it being near hostile countries.

Looks like the only remaining choices are Korean Air, ANA and Air Canada. Korean Air and ANA are about $4000 w 1 stop, for a family of 4, which is an extreme ripoff price for 1 way flights. Air Canada are about $2,500 but with 2 stops.

Edited by phungo
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, phungo said:

I heard on this forum that Air Canada is bad and has weak covid precautions.

I heard that Korean Air is good but prices are 50% higher which is about $1400 more for a family of 4.

Singapore airlines if still flying the route, Very good.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, phungo said:

When are you flying? You plan to purchase a one-way ticket, correct?

QR is probably the best choice, one stop service through DOH to IAH. DOH-IAH is 4X weekly now.They should be the least expensive (26,405 THB all in). They have the most reliable schedule, and not that its thing now, but they do have the best re-schedule/voucher program out there. Newest aircraft as well.

Loads are pretty light so should be room to stretch out without worrying about seat-pitch in Y.

NH does have one-stop service through HND to IAH, not sure if that's daily service. You could go two stop with UA on the final segment. Note that I am pretty sure you cannot make an HND-NRT land connection in Japan, just in case you were looking at NH flights.

I'm not certain BR nor SQ are flying this route, with or without partners?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phungo said:

I saw some flights via Qatar and Emirates and I'm just scared of middle east accidents. I'm probably brainwashed by US news but I can't help but think that Qatar and Emirates have a higher chance of accidents due to it being near hostile countries.

Ask yourself "When was the last time a passenger flight was shot from the sky anywhere?

QATAR and Emirates have good flight safety records.

Cease watching FOX as your new source

22 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Real enough for me!A4242B35-C0D5-4E7F-A934-BC14612D419C.thumb.png.bff6c97b03b960284fe405c81ecaa582.png

This in and of itself was not acceptable, however a newborn child was found abandoned in a toilet suite in the airport. Women from many flights of child bearing age were examined to attmeptto determine the mother,

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

My bud flies first class on Qatar. Very happy.

While the Q-Suite is magnificent, for Business Class, I am fairly certain that QR has done away with first class? Some remains on their A380's but not sure how much your bud is flying on those?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

When are you flying? You plan to purchase a one-way ticket, correct?

QR is probably the best choice, one stop service through DOH to IAH. DOH-IAH is 4X weekly now.They should be the least expensive (26,405 THB all in). They have the most reliable schedule, and not that its thing now, but they do have the best re-schedule/voucher program out there. Newest aircraft as well.

Loads are pretty light so should be room to stretch out without worrying about seat-pitch in Y.

NH does have one-stop service through HND to IAH, not sure if that's daily service. You could go two stop with UA on the final segment. Note that I am pretty sure you cannot make an HND-NRT land connection in Japan, just in case you were looking at NH flights.

I'm not certain BR nor SQ are flying this route, with or without partners?

Thanks. It's hard for me to decipher the acronyms...

QR = Qatar Airways?

NH = ?

UA = United Airlines?

BR = ?

SQ = ?

1 hour ago, treetops said:

SQ is Singapore Airlines

NH is ANA

BR is Eva

Seems like these acronym are made by throwing darts at the alphabet.

I ended up pulling the trigger by booking with Air Canada that has 2 stops for $2.8k for family of 4.

1. BKK to NRT operated by ANA

2. NRT to Calgary operated by AirCanada

3. Calgary to Houston operated by United

I went with canada basically because it was the cheapest and they said that they have flexible change policy.