Udon Thani - buy a 20ft shipping container

Mark Mcanearney

I've fixed the topic title to be a bit more descriptive.

Let's try this in the Isaan forum for more local input.

What's your intended application? Many used containers colanders are more rust than steel.

my current owner has a relative near korat that sells shipping colanders.

intended use is conversion to mobile offices, or tiny houses.

check your messages.  i sent you the niece's line QR code.

her husband sells containers outside korat, maybe pakchongchai.

i have no up-to-date info on prices or colander conditions.

Edited by ChouDoufu

There's a guy in Udon that has built shops and a restaurant out of containers......last time I looked he had a few.....don't know the size if you are interested, PM me I will try to get his Phone number...(he is Thai)

Edit----there is one on facebook for sale in Nong Kai----with a roller door on the front---lots of others in BKK etc...the BKK price much better may be worth shipping it up.

Edited by sanuk711

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 6:09 AM, sanuk711 said:

There's a guy in Udon that has built shops and a restaurant out of containers......last time I looked he had a few.....don't know the size if you are interested, PM me I will try to get his Phone number...(he is Thai)

Edit----there is one on facebook for sale in Nong Kai----with a roller door on the front---lots of others in BKK etc...the BKK price much better may be worth shipping it up.

Any idea about how much they approximately cost?

we have a small farm we inherited from my wife's dad when he passed away, that is a few kilometers away from our house, (we are  not in Thailand now, Stuck in the US with the pandemic) but as soon as we are able to travel and get back to Thailand, I would like to drop a container in the farm to lock up equipment in. 

I did a search on FB but no one is posting prices they all want you to call and as I said I am in the US, and not ready to buy, I simply want to get an idea and decide if it is economically viable.  

Shipping a container is not as expensive as many folks might imagine. The key is how to unload it where you want to place the container. A crane might be used. It is possible to rent crane services in Buriram to offload a container, so a larger city such as Udon Thani this should not be a challenge. But is the "road surface" to where you want to place the container suitable?  There may be containers for sale in or near Korat.

A firm that I know that sells and sends containers to many provinces has a price guide on their website:

https://www.containerkingsthailand.com/prices/

Guys, the term you need to be looking for is "knockdown house" (บ้านน็อคดาวน์). Small, prefabricated houses. Put it into Lazada, one company has several nice examples for around 129k, including delivery. They bring it in on a truck. No crane nonsense, no outfitting a container with what you want. Already fitted with electric wiring, lights, air con, toilet, sink, plumbing. One of these is going on the wife's farm as soon as my finances back home are in order.

• Like 2

Just now, Wee Man said:

I would also like a container but remember there will be a lot of heat and condensation in these containers.

I'm looking for a Porta-Cabin however as per everything here they are asking far to much for them.   

Buy one of those twirlly fans for roof. They help, I have 2 40 fters in Ca. The fans help but it's dry heat there, not sure how weather here would be inside a container.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, kamalabob2 said:

Shipping a container is not as expensive as many folks might imagine. The key is how to unload it where you want to place the container. A crane might be used. It is possible to rent crane services in Buriram to offload a container, so a larger city such as Udon Thani this should not be a challenge. But is the "road surface" to where you want to place the container suitable?  There may be containers for sale in or near Korat.

A firm that I know that sells and sends containers to many provinces has a price guide on their website:

https://www.containerkingsthailand.com/prices/

if there is road access to the final resting place a 20ft container I would bring in on a slide truck.... no messing around with cranes.

• Like 2