Seeking travel boost, Thailand set to revive China bubble talks

rooster59

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The good old CCP and their ‘recommendations’.  

And people say genocidal regimes are evil. 

do you have any information to show that individual outbound travel is banned on pain of, umm, genocide?

or is it safe to assume a CDC recommendation is simply a recommendation?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

As usual TAT is talking through its own hat. Mostly Chinese tourists who come to Thailand come on Zero Dollar tours having paid for their whole trip in China before departure. Who knows how much of this money actually flows into Thailand. Secondly China is actively discouraging their people not to travel overseas but to travel domestically. The likelihood of even thousands of Chinese tourists arriving per month is highly unlikely. The 10m + figures of  the past are probably gone for many years to come. Dream on TAT.

They did back in 1990 but times change. Why do you think China is a sought after source of tourism?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, outsider said:

Because your idiotic policies making people jump through more hoops than a bloody circus has put paid to any such efforts.

I will certainly second that. The hoops are endless, I know, I jumped through them all.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

They tend to shop in places owned by rich Thai Chinese owned businesses. Most politicians are rich Thai Chinese too!

i'm not sure who to believe.  either the chinesers are shopping in richy-rich businesses laundering their loot, or spending absolutely nothing on zero baht tours other than mama noodles at 7-11.  but then we're told they're coming to buy up all the condos and businesses.  it's so confusing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

As usual TAT is talking through its own hat. Mostly Chinese tourists who come to Thailand come on Zero Dollar tours having paid for their whole trip in China before departure. Who knows how much of this money actually flows into Thailand. Secondly China is actively discouraging their people not to travel overseas but to travel domestically. The likelihood of even thousands of Chinese tourists arriving per month is highly unlikely. The 10m + figures of  the past are probably gone for many years to come. Dream on TAT.

Statement :- TAT said......" or "Anutin said....." -

Comment:- Time to move on to the next post!