The Cooler Season's Here

sceadugenga

Great to be able to sleep with no air conditioner whirring all night. It's a major concern to me though that I'm a little bit cold at 23 degrees when I need to go back to the UK at some point.

Luckily I have an electric blanket somewhere in store.

• Like 1

The doona is out at the village and condo both, even this hairy farang is under them. My GF dons sheepskin Ugg boots I bought for her in Australia, when she cooks breakfast for her father at 5.30 am.

On the 118, Charin Garden for the pies, Wat Sang Kaew Phothiyan before Mae Suai, Tom Taste Cafe ( Yes, it is run by lesbians ).  Phu Chi Fa, Doi Ang Khan, Doi Mae Salong.

For the golfers, Santiburi, Happy City and Waterford Valley. Sightseeing White Temple, Blue Temple, Baan Dum. Mae Sai markets, Chiang Saen on the Mekong.

23 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Do some tours, take a look at the Hills Tribes and the Mekong River.

Spend half a day in Tachilek if the border is open.

Drink the local coffee, eat at Chivet Thamma Da, bus down to Phayao for lunch at the lake, spend the evening with the backpackers and expats in the little bars and cafes along Jed Yod road.

Go up to Phu Chi Fa for the sunrise, should be magnificent on these cool clear mornings.

Just arrived from Chiang Mai for two days of golf. I'm staying in that exact location, right across the road from Wat Jed Yod. I might be one of those expats you hang with. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

Just arrived from Chiang Mai for two days of golf. I'm staying in that exact location, right across the road from Wat Jed Yod. I might be one of those expats you hang with. 

He was referring to Jed Yod in Chaing  rai , thats where all the sleazy bars are located